By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the XBONE innovative while the PS4 is just better graphics?

Am I right?

Yes 92 21.50%

No 202 47.20%

Wii U is the real next-gen system 98 22.90%

See results 36 8.41%

Total:428
Muffin31190 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:

I will use smartglass on the games that support it, i like that feature. Seems to work amazing in DR3. 

Using skype on the xbox one and playing a game while seeing/talking to that person at the same time on the same tv/console is amazing IMO. 

Yeah but are these really innovative (as this is what the thread is about), I mean the stuff that the PS4 and XB one are doing now was what i was doing 6 years ago with a PC and smart TV's
Are they cool features to have on a console HELL YES, are they innovative ... No.

you had a feature similiar to smart glass? you could interact with a game using a tablet/cell phone? 

You could trade/sell/loan digital games? 

you could snap apps? 

you could snap skype on the same screen while seeing and playing with the other person? with only 1 pc? 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

Around the Network
XxGame4lifexX said:
9087 said:
Xbox One doesn't even take screen shots or do Twitch streaming yet.

PS4 install times are MUCH faster than XB1.

1080p > 720p ... and better graphics on PS4 as well.

Twitch is coming 

Nothing a simple patch cant fix 

there are 8 games that run at 1080p @ 60fps on xbox one so i get to differ. 

Plus when developers start using other unique features just found on xbox one (direct x) then you will start seeing better looking games. Its not always about having the strongest console. Optimization is as important as the hardware and the xbox one is gonna have some of the best seeing as how microsoft is a software corporation afterall. 

Sony = hardware 

Microsoft = software 

Thats why the xbox one has better features and why the ps4 has better hardware. 

Care to list them? ^^

XxGame4lifexX said:
Muffin31190 said:

Yeah but are these really innovative (as this is what the thread is about), I mean the stuff that the PS4 and XB one are doing now was what i was doing 6 years ago with a PC and smart TV's
Are they cool features to have on a console HELL YES, are they innovative ... No.

you had a feature similiar to smart glass? you could interact with a game using a tablet/cell phone? 

you could snap apps? 

you could snap skype on the same screen while seeing and playing with the other person? with only 1 pc? 

Yes I could, It's amazing isnt it that I have been able to do all that on my PC for quite a while now.

edit: (bolded) also i dont see any of this on consoles while i can just lend my friend my steam account

bananaking21 said:
Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:
out of all 3 the most innovative console is the PS4. the least innovative one is the WiiU.

Wii U doesn't count silly, last gen dude .

WiiU isnt last gen. its last last last gen. so its competing with the PS1. PS1 can do CD playback and play music, WiiU cant, so PS1 is more innovative

PS4 cant play CDs.

PS4 competing with PS1 confirmed.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

None of the 8th gen console are very innovative.

Around the Network
Cleary397 said:
bananaking21 said:
Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:
out of all 3 the most innovative console is the PS4. the least innovative one is the WiiU.

Wii U doesn't count silly, last gen dude .

WiiU isnt last gen. its last last last gen. so its competing with the PS1. PS1 can do CD playback and play music, WiiU cant, so PS1 is more innovative

PS4 cant play CDs.

PS4 competing with PS1 confirmed.

PS4 is the PS1 confirmed......... PS4 sold 100 million units!!

Muffin31190 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
Muffin31190 said:

you could snap apps? 

Yes I could, It's amazing isnt it that I have been able to do all that on my PC for quite a while now.

edit: (bolded) also i dont see any of this on consoles while i can just lend my friend my steam account

Are you talking about the stream version? because steam announced the trading/reselling/loaning of digital games after microsoft had theirs planned. If not steam then where can you buy a digital game and resell it back for some profit? 

I can also lend a friend my xbox live account and have that person download DD only games. It works the same way. Also the same for ps3. 

XxGame4lifexX said:
Muffin31190 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
Muffin31190 said:

you could snap apps? 

Are you talking about the stream version? because steam announced the trading/reselling/loaning of digital games after microsoft had theirs planned. If not steam then where can you buy a digital game and resell it back for some profit? 

I can also lend a friend my xbox live account and have that person download DD only games. It works the same way. Also the same for ps3. 

Excepet I just proved you wrong with all of those features "Not" being Innovative, as innovation was the main point of this thread.

Muffin31190 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
Muffin31190 said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
Muffin31190 said:

you could snap apps? 

Excepet I just proved you wrong with all of those features "Not" being Innovative, as innovation was the main point of this thread.

You didn't provide proof. You simply said you could. 

/fail

Muffin31190 said:
kitler53 said:

grabbed from wikipedia:

"The term innovation can be defined as something original and, as consequence, new that "breaks in to" the market or into society. One usually associates to new phenomena that are important in some way. A definition of the term, in line with these aspects, would be the following: "An innovation is something original, new, and important - in whatever field - that breaks in to (or obtains a foothold in) a market or society."

i agree with this definition.  people throw the word innovation around too much now-a-days.  very few things truely deserve the lable of "innovative".  that's actually kind of the point.  innovative ideas are the big important ones that changes everything. ps4 and xbox one are not really all the innovative.  ..in part because they both did the same thing on a majority of the innovations (suspend/resume  and video caputure) which fails the "original" criteria.

most of the arguments i've watched about innovations mostly focus on the how things are implemented not the what was imlemented.  that's argument is already off point..

This right fuckin here, everything that has been done with these console as being "innovative" has already been done

right there with you kitler

Merriam-Webster defines innovative as; a new idea, device, or method.
the Oxford dictionary defines innovative as; featuring new methods;

Both of those companies have been trusted sources for the definition of words and their meanings for generations; and both of their definitions give validity to the X1 and PS4 as being innovative. 
Innovation doesn't carry exclusivity with the word original. Something doesn't have to be completely different to be innovative. 
Take for example the side air bags in most modern cars. Air bags aren't new, but positioning them at the side of a car's impact point was certainly innovative. 
Same with the X1 and PS4. 
While they may boast functions that have been previously released on other media devices, as far as consoles are concerned, what they're demonstrating is innovative.