By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 is only console/handheld outselling its next-gen counter part

riecsou said:
Sal.Paradise said:
riecsou said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Have you seen the line up? 2014 is the year of the PS3.

Did I miss something about the PS3?? What games are coming in 2014?

I was only looking forward to Tales Of Xillia 2...

Drakengard 3, Dark Souls II, Xillia 2, that new Tales too, Persona 5... it's gonna be nuts! 

Wow, suddenly my PS3 looks more attractive than my PS4 lol. Which new Tales?? Xiniestra???

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/12/tales-of-zestiria-revealed/

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
riecsou said:
Sal.Paradise said:
riecsou said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Have you seen the line up? 2014 is the year of the PS3.

Did I miss something about the PS3?? What games are coming in 2014?

I was only looking forward to Tales Of Xillia 2...

Drakengard 3, Dark Souls II, Xillia 2, that new Tales too, Persona 5... it's gonna be nuts! 

Wow, suddenly my PS3 looks more attractive than my PS4 lol. Which new Tales?? Xiniestra???

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/12/tales-of-zestiria-revealed/

I am so mad right now, this is ridiculous. I have bought my PS3 looking forward to the JRPG and was disappointed by both FF XIII and FF XIII-2. I will not even buy the FF XIII-3. And now they decide to launch Tales of Xillia this year, Xillia 2 next year, Dark Souls II, Persona 5. Not cool Sony, not cool at all.

PS3 will carry on for quite a while

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

2 reasons:

PS4 shortages
Amazing PS3 support

it is the old gens last decent holiday,

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

this is what the analyst on ign said.....Regarding hardware, Callahan reports that “with the introduction of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, coupled with positive sales for the Nintendo 3DS, sales in November 2013 marked the best November for hardware sales on record.” He added that PS4 “led U.S. hardware sales for the month, and marked the highest first month sales of a hardware platform on record.”

He clarified that PS4 had an additional week versus Xbox One, noting that “when looking at sales on an average per-week basis, Xbox One led PS4

Ali-Kharazi said:
Devil_Survivor said:
Also you realize the 3ds is massively outsellling its predecessor right? So your OP title is wrong.

"PS3 is only console/handheld outselling its next-gen counter part"

Nintendo DS. Nintendo 3DS is its next-gen counterpart.
Nintendo DS IS NOT outselling its next-gen counterpart.
Therefore... what's wrong with the title?

Sorry I didn't read the title properly :P. Well I'm off to have my eyes tested.