By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 is only console/handheld outselling its next-gen counter part

Both shortages and it's an amazing console.

Around the Network
Ali-Kharazi said:

After seeing this weeks charts we quickly see that every next-gen console is beating out its predecessor except PS4. Do you think this is due to demand shortages or is the PS3 such an amazing product, that people are still looking to buy for the Holidays. This is looking like the PS2 vs PS3 situation, where the PS2 was still the better selling console for a short while after PS3 launch. Also looks like Sony is keeping their 10-year life span they planned for the PS3 in-tact.

Well, consider this : in Europe right now you have more chance to see the Monster of the Loch Ness than a PS4.

riecsou said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Have you seen the line up? 2014 is the year of the PS3.

Did I miss something about the PS3?? What games are coming in 2014?

I was only looking forward to Tales Of Xillia 2...

Drakengard 3, Dark Souls II, Xillia 2, that new Tales too, Persona 5... it's gonna be nuts! 

Nem said:

Next-gen was rushed.

^ This.

10 years plain... "I told you in 2006 - Jack"

Around the Network

lack of stock, yet, ps3 is the best console to have for this holiday season.

And thats taking into account that PS4 is the best selling home console next gen. It just goes to show you the amazing year PS3 has ahead of it.

Sony seems to want to release to the world when they can barely pump 100K out in NA. If thats all they got then yeah it will be short lived.

Sal.Paradise said:
riecsou said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Have you seen the line up? 2014 is the year of the PS3.

Did I miss something about the PS3?? What games are coming in 2014?

I was only looking forward to Tales Of Xillia 2...

Drakengard 3, Dark Souls II, Xillia 2, that new Tales too, Persona 5... it's gonna be nuts! 

Wow, suddenly my PS3 looks more attractive than my PS4 lol. Which new Tales?? Xiniestra???

For the ps4 and Xbox one they only have the bro shooters and sports games and the 360 hasn't had any real support for the last two years it's not surprising the ps3 is doing well.