By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official "PS3 sweeps the 360 WW in January" Thread

The PS3 is destined for second place. The 360 will be last where the XB franchise belongs. And the Wii will dominate accept it already. The PS3 will not catch up to Wii.

Around the Network

The numbers don't lie. PS3 sold 250k more consoles this month than 360 did. I may get my 25% marketshare yet...

it will also be interesting to see what will happen in febuary with better suplly for all

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DMeisterJ said:
The numbers don't lie. PS3 sold 250k more consoles this month than 360 did. I may get my 25% marketshare yet...

I hope it does better than 25% by the end of this gen.  I see it as Wii 45-50%, PS3 25-30%, 360 20-25%

Btw, the difference between Wii and PS3 in US only 4k. LOL. =))

And ps3 is not 299$ yet, neither MGS4, GT5, FFXIII released. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I honestly don't see how they can claim shortages. Sony sells more per week. So there isn't that much of a demand. Sony has to concentrate on ALL markets. 360 really only has N. America to really focus on. So I can't see them accidentally under projecting NA and over projecting another market. Sony has increased sales by DOUBLE last years numbers. (700k - 1.5mil) 360 has only increased by 300k units or so. Not like a huge demand just hit them they werent projecting.

Yeah, I still dont get how 360 supplies could have fallen so short. Did they just say F it and not ship like 80,000 consoles? They were expected to sell 280,000 or something right? Seriously, they werent completely sold out, so it doesnt explain the 60,000 difference.

Especially it being a Jan, so people arent desperately trying to find any console. People bought what they wanted to, and maybe 10,000 people couldnt find a 360.

Whats good now is that the Wii will have to start shipping larger quanties, so soon well be able to find Wii's in every store. Itll be interesting to see what happens then

Moving this here cause ... well ... the fans will love it.

Dolla Dolla said:
Moving this here cause ... well ... the fans will love it.

HAHAHAHA. Thats good stuff. Even if it is just shortages  let us still celebrate with the finest wines and cheeses. 

Well given there were numerous reports of shortages of premiums and elites BEFORE Microsoft themselves reported them, iI'd say its quite credible that there was shortages.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS