By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2013 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

ryuzaki57 said:
So, what about the 3DS situation? 770K seems rather low given the powa of Pokemon, Zelda and the 99$ 2DS. We might be reaching saturation fast here. The 18m objective is now completely out of reach : it sold roughly 3m in the US so far, probably as much in Europe, and 4m in Japan. They're not selling 8m in December+Q1.

Nintendo threw all its trump cards this year, there is no game capable of selling the system in 2014, even in Japan. It's going to slow down dramatically after the holidays.

It's going to be a 13 million/year seller. Which is about what the 360/PS3 would sell on any given year, so it's not exactly the end of the world. I think they will hit 14.5, maybe 15 million shipments this year though. 

The impact of iOS/Android simply can't be undone, but Nintendo's putting up one hell of a fight. Vita is done. 

Around the Network

Shamelessly stolen from GAF

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:

I remember like it was only yesterday when the same board was used for the PS3.

Ah good time, good time.

Interesting that Pachter was so completely wrong with his 150k prediction for Wii U. Not a surprise, he is almost always wrong with his predictions. :)

mibuokami said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Ah good time, good time.

we need 1 for the vita lol :p

Around the Network

What the hell could possibly go on a chalkboard for Vita now? Killzone Merc, Tearaway, Vita TV and Remote Play were it's final possibilities IMO.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

DamnTastic said:
mibuokami said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Ah good time, good time.

we need 1 for the vita lol :p

Vita's board would just be blank though....

mibuokami said:

we can write

ps4 will save it? :)

DamnTastic said:
mibuokami said:

we can write

ps4 will save it? :)

More like smother it to death. :(

I love my Vita like I love my Sega Saturn. Despite being the failure that it was, it was one of my favourite console.

Good old Sonygaf, ignore the elphant in room and try to generate as much Black PR about Nintendo as possible.