By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dark themed PS1 games?

Wright said:

As someone said before, Fear Effect. It is a pretty disgusting, yet interesting and unique game.

I was thinking about Fear Effect. How is it disgusting though? :|

Thanks for all the suggestions!

]

Around the Network

By "know the likes of", do you mean you've played the games you've listed?

If not, I completely recommend Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. One of my favourite games of all times and easily the most atmospheric and scary. It really is a masterpiece.

Also, Dino Crisis. It's a spin-off of the Resident Evil franchise. Also very scary and atmospheric.

Vikki said:
Wright said:

As someone said before, Fear Effect. It is a pretty disgusting, yet interesting and unique game.

It touched mature temes, supernatural effects and (if I don't remember bad) prophecies and folcklorical monsters. I remember one situation on which if you didn't run fast enough, your character was eaten alive by a bunch of rats.

brendude13 said:

If not, I completely recommend Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. One of my favourite games of all times and easily the most atmospheric and scary. It really is a masterpiece.

I've played all the Resident Evil games :P I didn't like Nemesis as much as 2, but it was awesome!

Wright said:
Vikki said:
Wright said:

It touched mature temes, supernatural effects and (if I don't remember bad) prophecies and folcklorical monsters. I remember one situation on which if you didn't run fast enough, your character was eaten alive by a bunch of rats.

Sounds like a Saturday night out in Glasgow to me.

]

Vikki said:
brendude13 said:

I've played all the Resident Evil games :P I didn't like Nemesis as much as 2, but it was awesome!

People always say that, and I can't understand why.

Anyway, I edited my original post to include Dino Crisis. It's a spin-off of the Resident Evil games, pretty scary stuff.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Vikki said:

Anyway, I edited my original post to include Dino Crisis. It's a spin-off of the Resident Evil games, pretty scary stuff.

If it makes you feel better, I prefered Outbreak to 2 and 3 :P

brendude13 said:
Vikki said:
brendude13 said:

Mostly because I think the first section of that game, the city, was soooooo annoying. It didn't even feel like a Resident Evil game to me :/. After the bit where you meet Nemesis on the train it became a fantastic game. Shame I had to sit through an hour of annoyance to get there xD 

Wright said:
brendude13 said:
Vikki said:

I've played all the Resident Evil games :P I didn't like Nemesis as much as 2, but it was awesome!

...you monster

]

Vikki said:
brendude13 said:

Mostly because I think the first section of that game, the city, was soooooo annoying. It didn't even feel like a Resident Evil game to me :/. After the bit where you meet Nemesis on the train it became a fantastic game. Shame I had to sit through an hour of annoyance to get there xD 

That was the best bit! I loved being let out free in the city, the sense of destruction was epic.

Wright said:

I only got to the hospital level, I actually quite enjoyed it.

There should totally be a HD version or sequel with online.