By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The official January NPD Thread

DMeisterJ said:
God A_T. If you say that they're wrong in Dec. again, you'll have used that excuse more than your "supply constraint" excuse. You do the same thing, anytime you don't want to believe something. You sit there, and use one excuse to death. over and over again. So just stop posting if you're going to use that whole "enpeedee wUz wr0Ng n dsimber" excuse.

I didn't realize there were limitations on how much I could use arguments?  Seriously dude I think you have stress issues if something as simple as a phrase like supply constraints or wrong in decemeber can make you upset

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Could anyone tell me exactly as to how NPD was wrong for December 2007? I wasn't around...

*takes the popcorn*

What a mess. Well the NPD galaxy number makes more sense to me than VGC number (Low Wii sales, low Galaxy sales), but the DS seems more accurate on VGC side (There where no DS shortages, where there?) and PS3: Well fight how much you want, but a good morning does not ensure a good day. I personal think the PS3 will be closer this year in NA, but that fast seems odd, even to me.

@ Avinash_Tyagi

Don't call me dude.

I have no problem with you saying that, just that every post, you use the same god damned excuse and it's gotten past the point of "getting" old, and now it's just plain old, old. You're just a ball of excuses. I bet if the PS3 was dead last, you wouldn't have a problem with NPD numbers. But now that it's close to your beloved Wii numbers, you can't handle it. Just get over it, congratulate the PS3, because for all intents and purposes, it beat the 360 this month. (In america, and WW)

@ Just_Ben

LOL. It's too late to grab popcorn, you'd have to have been here a few hours ago to catch the good stuff.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ Avinash_Tyagi

Don't call me dude.

I have no problem with you saying that, just that every post, you use the same god damned excuse and it's gotten past the point of "getting" old, and now it's just plain old, old. You're just a ball of excuses. I bet if the PS3 was dead last, you wouldn't have a problem with NPD numbers. But now that it's close to your beloved Wii numbers, you can't handle it. Just get over it, congratulate the PS3, because for all intents and purposes, it beat the 360 this month. (In america, and WW)

Dude, I don't care about PS3 figures, ok, so calm down, I am not trying to bash your precious console, I am merely referring to DS sales, so relax dude, calm

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:

When has NPD issued a retraction on their numbers?

When Nintendo financials came out, the disparity between Nintendo shipped figures to NA and NPD data plus canada, showed that VGC was closer

why do I have to lay something more substantial  than trust to say that I am suspicious about NPD figures? 

How many times has Vgchartz been adjusting their numbers.

I'd have to take that Nintendo finances sheet and read it. But wait, youre talking about shipped figures here if I understood right? I believe the NPD tracks HW/SW sold to consumers.

Trust has generally zero value as evidence. Maybe youre suspicious because the figures are not pleasing you?

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

@ Avinash_Tyagi

I said, don't call me "dude"

And I'm calm. I've accepted the truth, I'm just tired of hearing your tired excuses.

rukusa said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

When has NPD issued a retraction on their numbers?

When Nintendo financials came out, the disparity between Nintendo shipped figures to NA and NPD data plus canada, showed that VGC was closer

why do I have to lay something more substantial  than trust to say that I am suspicious about NPD figures? 

How many times has Vgchartz been adjusting their numbers.

I'd have to take that Nintendo finances sheet and read it. But what youre talking about shipped figures here? I believe the NPD tracks HW/SW sold to consumers.

Trust has generally zero value as evidence. Maybe youre suspicious because the figures are not pleasing you?

Yeah and transparency is one reaonf why i trust VGC more

Yes, but with Wii there weren't mny on the shelves at the end of thr holidays, indicating majority sell throughs

No, i'm suspicious because they are wildly different than VGC who I trust more 100% different, so until i get proff that VGC is wrong, namely withioi adjusting the figures, i'm goign to remain suspicious

DMeisterJ said:
@ Avinash_Tyagi

I said, don't call me "dude"

And I'm calm. I've accepted the truth, I'm just tired of hearing your tired excuses.

Dude, no excuses, I am merely pointing out what is accepted, Wii does have supply constraints from time to time in NA, and VGC was more accurate in December than NPD, so I don't see how they are excuses dude