By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Pachter crazy or just a troll. (Wii U Sales, obviously)

Patcher is the biggest joke of the videogame press and industry

Around the Network
superhippy420 said:

So it comes out today that Pachter thinks that the Wii U only sold 150k in the US in November.  According to VG Charts that number is off by atleast a 100k, and most likely a few thousand more.   On top of that the Mario Wii U bundle is at Gamestops #2 best seller slot, All Wii U bundles (even skylanders) are sold out at Target.com,  Amazon has 3rd party bundles but for $40 over retail, and the Zelda WW bundles are now non-existent.   I am a business major at USF, and all business students are told that these so called "experts" are ussually just people who could'nt make real money doing anything else, but I am just wondering what he is going to say once the offical Wii U numbers come out for November, and expecially by the end of December.   I thought Reggie was crazy at 1st but the Wii U is going to outsell the PS4 and Xbone in December. Yes its partially entirely due to a supply shortage, but regardless, between 3DS's massive sales and the Wii U picking up a ton of steam with only one new game out, anyone who really thinks that Nintendo is dead this generation is just kidding themselves.  People are knocking Nintendo on here for prioritizing Donkey Kong over Zelda and Metroid, but they already tried that with the Gamcube and it blew up in their face.  The bottom line is Pachter severly underestimated the brand power of Mario, expecially during Christmas time.

I think that's a more accurate assessment of the situation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix