By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Pachter crazy or just a troll. (Wii U Sales, obviously)

A) As pachter said in his last video, he doesn't need to be right about this, he won't respond about getting his figures wrong. He puts them out there simply for fun.

B) WiiU ain't beating anything in December. MS and Sony will have about 1m stock, something WiiU isn't doing.

Around the Network

Pachter provides good analysis, Vgchartz has around a 10% margin or error so I would say he's spot on as per usual. He's definately within the 25-50,000 area.

Seece said:
A) As pachter said in his last video, he doesn't need to be right about this, he won't respond about getting his figures wrong. He puts them out there simply for fun.

B) WiiU ain't beating anything in December. MS and Sony will have about 1m stock, something WiiU isn't doing.

If MS and Sony only have 1 million to sell then I would'nt be shocked if the Wii U did win.  Black Friday week isn't even Nintendos best week during the holiday season historically, and it sold 274k.     My guess is that Wii U /Xbone / and PS4 all have very similar sales data in December and the margin of victory for whoever will be pretty small either way.

superhippy420 said:
Seece said:

If MS and Sony only have 1 million to sell then I would'nt be shocked if the Wii U did win.  Black Friday week isn't even Nintendos best week during the holiday season historically, and it sold 274k.     My guess is that Wii U /Xbone / and PS4 all have very similar sales data in December and the margin of victory for whoever will be pretty small either way.

I would. You're looking at 600k US for that to happen. Lets wait for NPD on Thursday before we jump ahead of ourselves.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the offical data is but I think he is off by almost 100% (150k to 300K, you get the math).   All I am saying is that it blows my mind who supposed to be a business analyst and has analyzed the game industry for a long time, really thought that Mario would'nt give Nintendo a sizable bump.  Like I said in the title, maybe he is just trolling.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

do we have to have this thread every fucking time pachter says something negative about nintendo? really? just dig up any one of the billion other fucking threads that say the same thing. and OMG the guy is asked to make predictions and when he does we call him a fucking troll. geez.... if you dont agree with his prediction ignore it and make your own.

yes we do. I quite enjoy reading 'Pachter is an idiot' threads. Never gets old for me. 

Cj2i3 said:
Pachter provides good analysis, Vgchartz has around a 10% margin or error so I would say he's spot on as per usual. He's definately within the 25-50,000 area.

if it's 10% margin shouldn't he be more within the 75,000 range?!?

Pachter is an idiot.

Seece said:
superhippy420 said:
Seece said:

I would. You're looking at 600k US for that to happen. Lets wait for NPD on Thursday before we jump ahead of ourselves.

I have to agree with Superhippy on this one. Interested in seeing the sales numbers.

some one should put up some TIPS, what were his last few predictions for the consoles compared to the NPD i know his arent always spot on with NPD but most of the time there near the range

Play Me

Just look at what VGChartz has for the week ending November 30th. It's 197,000 Wii U units in NA alone. Even if that's overtracked, it's almost comically foolish to think Wii U didn't reach 150K here in the US in November. It sold much better than previous months.