By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the battle for the better exclusive content begun?

Konami has just recently detailed the exclusive content for the 360 and Xbox One version of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

In comparison, this is the exclusive content for the Ps3 and Ps4 version of the same game:

I'm not mentioning WiiU (for now...) since Konami enjoys screwing their original Metal Gear fanbase.

And now I'm left wondering, we used to argue in the past about a game being the best version because "it had exclusive content". It happened with Watch Dogs. It happened with Destiny. It happened with that exclusive Walton Gang costume in the Ps3 version of Red Dead Redemption (oh yeah!). However, have we just met the next step in this big, long war? The battle for exclusive content?

Judging the trailers we can all agree that the Xbox crowd is getting the superior part of the deal, but this is not the point. What I am getting is, have we come to this, finally? Are we going to fight each other thanks to these "exclusive" content?

I await your answers!

Around the Network

It reminds me of the movie releases on DVD/Bluray. The big releases all have different content based on where you buy them. It is really annoying. I don't even like the idea of timed exclusivity, as I have to wait if it is not on the console I chose. Just a scam. But it is the future....

It is near the end of the end....

I'm not. They're usually meaningless. It really only applies to the few people who have both consoles. Otherwise, who cares?

I just wish timed exclusive DLC would go away.

Couldn't care less really. "Exclusive content" is usually of no consequence in my view, and they're just distractions from the actual game. The only time it mattered for me was Link in Soul Calibur 2 on the GC. He, of course, was superior to Heihachi and Spawn (in my view). If you have both consoles then maybe it would matter. For me, not so much.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:

Couldn't care less really. "Exclusive content" is usually of no consequence in my view, and they're just distractions from the actual game. The only time it mattered for me was Link in Soul Calibur 2 on the GC. He, of course, was superior to Heihachi and Spawn (in my view). If you have both consoles then maybe it would matter. For me, not so much.

Link in Soul Calibur 2 was so painfully nerfed it made people sad. I don't know what happens with (adult) Link and fighting games, but he ends up being one of the worst characters in the roster.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I'm not. They're usually meaningless. It really only applies to the few people who have both consoles. Otherwise, who cares?

This is the very reason why I Nintendo.

ArtofAngels said:
pokoko said:

Well ... yeah, I guess that's true.  If you don't have third party games then I guess timed exclusive DLC isn't an issue at all!

I really hate this

Given these things seem like decent sized expansions, it just means that nobody can play the full game

It's fine if it's a costume or 2, but this is far too extreme

Wright said:
Weedlab said:

Link in Soul Calibur 2 was so painfully nerfed it made people sad. I don't know what happens with (adult) Link and fighting games, but he ends up being one of the worst characters in the roster.

That's why I liked him. He was challenging to play with, and I often used him, Ivy and Nightmare in tournaments (which I won lol). I thought he was great though. The only SC character I took issue with was Yoda (talk about broken). Heihachi was good. Funny enough, Heihachi played MUCH better there than in any of the Tekken games of the time lol But the framerate drops in the PS2 version annoyed me, so I played the GC ver more. Spawn was .... meh.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

pokoko said:
ArtofAngels said:
pokoko said:

Well ... yeah, I guess that's true.  If you don't have third party games then I guess timed exclusive DLC isn't an issue at all!

This is the thing, I like Playstation too right, but if there's a game coming out on both systems and one console gets a few extra bonuses over the other it devalues the game to me. Therefore I just boycott it all together.