By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the battle for the better exclusive content begun?

Weedlab said:
Wright said:

Link in Soul Calibur 2 was so painfully nerfed it made people sad. I don't know what happens with (adult) Link and fighting games, but he ends up being one of the worst characters in the roster.

That's why I liked him. He was challenging to play with, and I often used him, Ivy and Nightmare in tournaments (which I won lol). I thought he was great though. The only SC character I took issue with was Yoda (talk about broken). Heihachi was good. Funny enough, Heihachi played MUCH better there than in any of the Tekken games of the time lol But the framerate drops in the PS2 version annoyed me, so I played the GC ver more. Spawn was .... meh.

Nightmare was totally OP. Of course you would win tournaments with him xD

And regarding Spawn, well, meh. It's not like the Xbox had any truly memorable character, and Master Chief was way too out of place.

Around the Network

One of the most useless things to grace the video game publishing.

Dudebro1: Hey man. I can't wait to go home and play my exclusive content on my XYZ system.
Dudebro2: OMGOMGYES! Me too. That is soooo cool. Thank you my preferred gaming console for securing this.

Pfff.

Personally I don't think these deals make a very big difference in sales between versions. I think maybe at the launch of new consoles having something like exclusive content and putting in the tagline "the definitive version" next to your console's copy could be big if that's what a person is buying the console for like with Watch Dogs, but honestly the actual impact will be negligible. Exclusive games from first party studios is what makes the difference. Also price and controller. These are the 3 biggest factors for most people that I've asked.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Wright said:
Weedlab said:
Wright said:

Link in Soul Calibur 2 was so painfully nerfed it made people sad. I don't know what happens with (adult) Link and fighting games, but he ends up being one of the worst characters in the roster.

That's why I liked him. He was challenging to play with, and I often used him, Ivy and Nightmare in tournaments (which I won lol). I thought he was great though. The only SC character I took issue with was Yoda (talk about broken). Heihachi was good. Funny enough, Heihachi played MUCH better there than in any of the Tekken games of the time lol But the framerate drops in the PS2 version annoyed me, so I played the GC ver more. Spawn was .... meh.

Nightmare was totally OP. Of course you would win tournaments with him xD

And regarding Spawn, well, meh. It's not like the Xbox had any truly memorable character, and Master Chief was way too out of place.

Nightmare was perfect in 2 lol After the split which took place in 3 he was useless to me. I gravitated to his other half instead since Siegfried had most of the moves and combos I liked. Ivy was my girl since SC1 on the DC. She's the character I use in every SC game, especially against spammers with Kilik (I hate that guy -___-).

Spawn could have been good, but his move set was seriously limited (and uninspiring) with respect to what he could do (and a lot of his moves fit the context of that world).

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

green_sky said:
One of the most useless things to grace the video game publishing.

Dudebro1: Hey man. I can't wait to go home and play my exclusive content on my XYZ system.
Dudebro2: OMGOMGYES! Me too. That is soooo cool. Thank you my preferred gaming console for securing this.

Pfff.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xDDDDDD