By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2K Patches in Always Online DRM to Next-Gen NBA2K14

Tagged games:

Munkeh111 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Munkeh111 said:

I'm okay with minor things like that where its purpose is for you to share content with friends. Just so long as it doesn't grow any larger like it clearly has here

This is the problem with these "persistent/shared world shooters" like Destiny and the Division. You can basically play them like a single player game, but they are all online only.

BTW dentiny will function even if you dont have internet connection. At gametrailers (E3 video interview) bungie staff confirmed it. But division is complete MMO. I dont have problem with always online because I am always online. But I want to own it and if the internet is out I wont be able to play it.

Are you sure? Well that's how I will probably be playing it then if my friend doesn't get his PS4 by then. I mostly don't like online games, but I agree, that sense that you don't really own a game is a real issue

I don't mean to criticise Microsoft in particular, but I bought Halo 2 for PC last year and couldn't play it because the authorisation servers didn't really work or something.... (I kind of then had to pirate a code that worked for some reason) The same thing is going to happen with many of these games down the road, especially as they will want to sell them to you multiple times so you can play them on different devices

Yup. See this video for yourself. But they might change. Why? Because "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" by game developers.

Here is the video. Look at 02:13 .

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qyga88/destiny-e3-2013--new-details

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Munkeh111 said:

Are you sure? Well that's how I will probably be playing it then if my friend doesn't get his PS4 by then. I mostly don't like online games, but I agree, that sense that you don't really own a game is a real issue

I don't mean to criticise Microsoft in particular, but I bought Halo 2 for PC last year and couldn't play it because the authorisation servers didn't really work or something.... (I kind of then had to pirate a code that worked for some reason) The same thing is going to happen with many of these games down the road, especially as they will want to sell them to you multiple times so you can play them on different devices

Yup. See this video for yourself. But they might change. Why? Because "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" by game developers.

He just said you can play on your own, he didn't say you could play offline. They can play it in their studio offline, but that doesn't mean we can...

And your quote has reminded me that I should stop talking about games online and go back to ACIV....

Munkeh111 said:

I'm okay with minor things like that where its purpose is for you to share content with friends. Just so long as it doesn't grow any larger like it clearly has here

This is the problem with these "persistent/shared world shooters" like Destiny and the Division. You can basically play them like a single player game, but they are all online only.

Sound like Titanfall. I've played and enjoyed Borderlands 2 but I've only played it single player, never played it multiplayer at all (don't know anyone else who own it and don't want to play with random dickheads). The idea that Borderlands 3 might make me play forced online defeats the purpose of playing it single player to begin with.

Sad that this is happening at all, we want more freedom to play not more restrictions, game developers battle against piracy is oddly restrictive to legitmate gamers.

Hmm, pie.

Munkeh111 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Munkeh111 said:

He just said you can play on your own, he didn't say you could play offline. They can play it in their studio offline, but that doesn't mean we can...

And your quote has reminded me that I should stop talking about games online and go back to ACIV....

Hmmm. I guess its out of my wish list. I am also going to GTA V multiplayer.

The Fury said:
Munkeh111 said:

Sound like Titanfall. I've played and enjoyed Borderlands 2 but I've only played it single player, never played it multiplayer at all (don't know anyone else who own it and don't want to play with random dickheads). The idea that Borderlands 3 might make me play forced online defeats the purpose of playing it single player to begin with.

Sad that this is happening at all, we want more freedom to play not more restrictions, game developers battle against piracy is oddly restrictive to legitmate gamers.

Gamestop and piracy are behind these reasons. I miss SNES days. That time each game was a "complete edition". No game breaking bugs nor any restrictions. I guess that was the epitomy of gaming.

Around the Network

I dont own the game but if i did i would be furious. This kinda shit deserves class legal action. They sold the game to millions under false pretense.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

The Fury said:
Munkeh111 said:

I completely agree. Having said that, something like Borderlands has always been designed for co-op gaming, I think you are in the minority there. I played most of the first one in co-op with my friend, but that was splitscreen.....

Yeah, I do feel that it is becoming more difficult to me, but this generation might decrease some of the hassle. Things like having to enter 5 different codes from pre-orders and then wait for the game to install were a pain last gen, so I hope those kinds of things decrease even if I do have to play online

Munkeh111 said:

Yeah, I do feel that it is becoming more difficult to me, but this generation might decrease some of the hassle. Things like having to enter 5 different codes from pre-orders and then wait for the game to install were a pain last gen, so I hope those kinds of things decrease even if I do have to play online

The whole issue doesn't sit well for the future, each time they (the industry) move into something more like this, all other paid for parts of playing games beyond the console and game itself, become like 'taxes'. You buy the game but you can't play until you've paid for an IPS for internet, and then if they restrict it more, you still can't play until you've paid XBL/PS+/online pass of some kind.

A big thanks for supporting our game and industry by making sure we fleece you for all your worth and mistrust you at every turn.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Munkeh111 said:

The whole issue doesn't sit well for the future, each time they (the industry) move into something more like this, all other paid for parts of playing games beyond the console and game itself, become like 'taxes'. You buy the game but you can't play until you've paid for an IPS for internet, and then if they restrict it more, you still can't play until you've paid XBL/PS+/online pass of some kind.

A big thanks for supporting our game and industry by making sure we fleece you for all your worth and mistrust you at every turn.

Yeah. There are fewer and fewer games you can just sit back and enjoy without being told you should be sharing things or playing things with your friends. Oh and buying more things from them

Easy fix: don't purchase games from lame-developers. There are plenty of great games around. We don't need this garbage,

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"