By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - best buy ps4 sold out in half an hour

Oh no, all the PS4s were bought again. Don't you know how seriously troubling it is for Sony that every single PS4 that is being shipped is sold pretty much immediately at the moment? That means people will instead buy the X1 and Wii U since those are easier to find, cause naturally people decide on a whim which 300-500$ console they want to buy and don't carefully decide beforehand what to spend a sum like this on and aren't possibly willing to wait a bit for a product they want.

Around the Network

'Tis the season. The rush should calm down after Christmas or in January.

I live in a city of a little over 1 million, and the 3 best buy stores here only had 10 each in stock.

DerNebel said:
Oh no, all the PS4s were bought again. Don't you know how seriously troubling it is for Sony that every single PS4 that is being shipped is sold pretty much immediately at the moment? That means people will instead buy the X1 and Wii U since those are easier to find, cause naturally people decide on a whim which 300-500$ console they want to buy and don't carefully decide beforehand what to spend a sum like this on and aren't possibly willing to wait a bit for a product they want.

Why would I be upset that people are clamoring to buy new consoles after years of hearing how the console space is dying?

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

DerNebel said:

Americans are impatient(being one i know this)  not all but most are, especially parents who want to get this as a gift for thier kids, to them xb1 and ps4 or the same, hell i cant even tell you how many parents come in just asking for Nintendo then tell you the game they want for it and its for another system all together, they dont care, if ones out theyll ask well whats in that is comparable.  So yea PS4 not instock for desperate parents not in the know means sales for someone else.

Around the Network
blessedswine said:

Americans are impatient(being one i know this)  not all but most are, especially parents who want to get this as a gift for thier kids, to them xb1 and ps4 or the same, hell i cant even tell you how many parents come in just asking for Nintendo then tell you the game they want for it and its for another system all together, they dont care, if ones out theyll ask well whats in that is comparable.  So yea PS4 not instock for desperate parents not in the know means sales for someone else.

Possibly, but if we talk about the US then I'm pretty sure that the X1 will be sold out for christmas over there as well, so I can't really see a scenario of a desperate parent walking into a retailer trying to find a PS4 and instead leaving with an X1 since that is just lying there, happening very often. Simply said, supply issues right now will not hurt the PS4.

ethomaz said:

My brasilian friend trying to buy 3 consoles... just for PS4 22pm.

The last time we saw this kind of demand was with the Wii.  I remember waiting in the freezing cold for 8 hours at a Best Buy just so I could get my hands on one.

well i was shopping on saturday went into a Best Buy and a Pc richards both had the X1 in stock albeit not many think Best Buy had 3 and Pc Richards had 1 left, but neither had ps4s  if i wanted another X1 it would seem i would have no issue getting one here in South Jersey as i have seen them many times in stock.

Reminds me of Wii 06 thru 08

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I'm glad that I got mine when I could.