By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Vigilante 8: Arcade announced for Xbox Live Arcade

The original games were pretty good so this should be a lot of fun, especially over Xbox Live with voice support :)

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/previews/preview.pl?sys=xbox360&game=v8_arcade

V8: Arcade is a remake of the classic V8 series of vehicular shooters by Luxoflux/Activision from the late 1990s: Vigilante 8 for PS1/N64 (1998) and Vigilante 8: Second Offense for PS1/N64/Dreamcast (1999).

V8: Arcade is a brand new re-imagining of the original themes and gameplay, engineered from the ground up for today’s hardware by the original founders of Luxoflux and V8 developers. Could things get any better?Absolutely, because quite soon, the magic of V8 car-combat will be available to millions of Xbox Live Arcade users via digital download, presented in cutting edge audio-visual splendor, and… at quite an affordable price, too!

In addition to local split-screen mode, multiple players will be able take their car-crushing skills online, competing and/or teaming up with other V8 players the world over!

Players will rediscover the joys of weapon-based off-road car mayhem by savoring the following features, currently being cooked up at the ‘labs’:

Features:

• Five newly designed, highly interactive arenas, using Bezier patch technology for maximum surface smoothness!
  • Eight gorgeous, highly varied ‘70s vehicles, rendered using advanced metallic shaders at 10,000+ polygons each
  • Classic V8 character personas and unique special weapons
  • Six standard weapon pick-ups with three advanced attacks each, featuring both ‘classic’ (combo) and ‘casual’ (charge-up) input methods
  • Multiple collectible power-ups and ‘salvage points’
  • User-customizable car paint color
  • Advanced car physics for hyper-semi-realism and ultra high replay value — easy to pick up, difficult to master!
  • Spectacular pyrotechnic, destruction effects, and physics-driven interactive hazards
  • Single player modes against advanced bot AI
  • Local split-screen modes up to four players
  • Online multiplayer with up to eight human players
  • Voice and (hopefully) camera support
  • Leaderboards, achievements, unlockable secrets, and more!
  • Free and premium extra downloadable content planned...
The game is currently slated for April 2008 release.

Around the Network

way to go microsoft, keep giving us excellent games for xbox live arcade

THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE VIGILANTE 8! I played it against my best friends all the time, all of the crazy stuff going on it was fun, plus the game had a huge amount of depth on the 2nd offense with the combos of weapons making a stronger weapon the gravity mines were my favorite as it set up for my special very well, I used John for any of you that played the game should know his special was the 6 shooter that required you to be right in front of the car to use.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

That's kind of cool. We played a lot of 2nd Offense multiplayer on DC.

"I am one... with the Earth!"

Is this anything like i76?

Around the Network

Loved V8 on N64.

Mister - it's very close to a more mild version of Twisted Metal. Will probably get a purchase from me. 8 player MP would be awesome!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.