By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GDC beamed to homes to via Xbox Live

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=182462

2008's Game Developers Conference kicks off in San Francisco next week, but don't worry if you're not attending - Microsoft's beaming it to your living room via Xbox Live.

Microsoft says we'll be able to download breaking news from the show - all this will be free, by the way - to our Xbox 360s as of February 20 when the event kicks off, in addition to footage of the keynote address by John Schappert.

Corporate Vice President LIVE, Software and Services for the Interactive Entertainment Business. That's Schappert's job title. We had to give his job title a whole line to itself.

On top of that, Microsoft's promising brand new gameplay footage, demos, screenshots and interviews for download during GDC.

Schappert's keynote address is scheduled from 6.30pm to 7.30pm on February 20, and the Live download will feature highlights.

The keynote, A Future Wide Open: Unleashing the Creative Community, "will provide an exciting view into this year's plans for Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business", says Microsoft.

Around the Network

@ elnino334

didn't they do this for E3?

Also, not to troll, but won't most, if not all of this info be available online?

But yeah, I guess it's nice if you want all of this on your XBOX 360.

I think this is actually really neat for 360 owners, maybe they could broadcast their conference on Live.

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

@dmeister

This is just on FYI in the MS section.

-Think they done this for all the shows or the big ones at least

-I am sure most if not all will be online similar to how I am letting people here know that you can also see it through xbox live

-This is not something I "want" though it is nice especially if they have some cool demos like they done in the past

Thats friggin awesome :D Do you know if they'll be showing the Sony segments on live >_>?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

^ Yeah, sure...

ChronotriggerJM said:
Thats friggin awesome :D Do you know if they'll be showing the Sony segments on live >_>?

Right after the new stuff from Apple! /sarcasm

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

xD Well I mean it's kinda cool if they show you selected segments, but I'd rather just watch the whole thing xD competition and all! I wanna see what the 360's showing off this year :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

DMeisterJ said:
@ elnino334

didn't they do this for E3?

Also, not to troll, but won't most, if not all of this info be available online?

But yeah, I guess it's nice if you want all of this on your XBOX 360.

I remember the last E3, content, demos and trailers were available for download at the very start of announcements. Streaming, though, is new. I am curious to see if this is gonna work or not.

Well, this means that MS has something HUGE in store for the 360 at GDC... They usually only "Bring It Home" for shows like E3, where big gaming announcements are the norm.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/