By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The funny part about GT6 being so inferior to Forza 5

Chris Hu said:
I will play both eventually but looking forward to Forza Horizon which will be more fun and could be better then both of them as long as they improve upon the first game which ended up with a 85/100 metascore.

Same here, Forza Horizon was very promising although also lacking in content.
Forza Horizon 2 with the content of TDU would definitely expedite getting an XBox One in my case. Please let it not become a small core game with season passes and micro transactions to get the rest of the content...

Around the Network
Hynad said:

But... Aren't graphics not supposed to be an indication of how good a game is?

Those XBox fans... Can't seem to get fixed on any standards.

When did me and you talk about graphics?

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
I will play both eventually but looking forward to Forza Horizon which will be more fun and could be better then both of them as long as they improve upon the first game which ended up with a 85/100 metascore.

Forza Horizon 2 with the content of TDU would definitely expedite getting an XBox One in my case. Please let it not become a small core game with season passes and micro transactions to get the rest of the content...

Horizon is a arcade racer and as such it actually has more content and definetly a lot more cars (typical arcade racers have less then 60 cars) then most other arcade racer.  Never played TDU so I'm not sure if going that route would be an improvement they need to keep the open world aspect my two favorite arcade racer Burnout Paradise and Forza Horizon are both open world racers. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Both are inferior to Mario Kart 64

To be fair, any arcade/sim racer is inferior to MK64. Even any other MK is inferior to 64.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Goatseye said:
Nem said:

I dont know what this is about but GT6 is clearly a better game than Forza 5. The diference in ammount of content is quite clear.

Your 2 sentences don't connect.

Content=/= quality.

Now do the models of cars on Gt6 superior to Forza 5?

Are tracks better designed? Keep in mind Forza 5 didn't import any car model from previous iterations.

Gt has he best tracks in the business and most accurate, it's why turn ten had to start over, and gt5 andf gt6 premiums are still unmatched.  Not to mention that physics and handling.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

To be fair, any arcade/sim racer is inferior to MK64. Even any other MK is inferior to 64.

How so? I never got why MK64 is getting so much praise, I mean, yeah, it's a good game, but what is worse about the games that came after it?

On topic: Yeah, GT6 should be able to oustell Forza 5, though Forza has the "launch game advantage" (as I call it), meaning that it gets more coverage all around and more exposure to console owners than GT6 does. I've not seen one GT commercial on TV, but tons of Forza/XBox One spots.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

ps3-sales! said:

It'll likely sell 2x the amount lifetime (at least) that Forza 5 will. So for all those complaining how less than stellar GT6 is, it won't really affect the sales. 

Btw, GT6 is at an 80 on metacritic, Forza 5 is at an 81. Just pointing that out. 

Oh, and I hate both games, and sim racers in general, due to the fact that they suck at being games while exceeding at being sims, which are boring in my opinion. 

Have a great day ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA 2 times?

Try again, probably 5 times

domflo said:
Pavolink said:

How so? I never got why MK64 is getting so much praise, I mean, yeah, it's a good game, but what is worse about the games that came after it?

On topic: Yeah, GT6 should be able to oustell Forza 5, though Forza has the "launch game advantage" (as I call it), meaning that it gets more coverage all around and more exposure to console owners than GT6 does. I've not seen one GT commercial on TV, but tons of Forza/XBox One spots.

Real shortcuts. Able to do a lap in Wario Stadium in less than 20 seconds.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Chris Hu said:
SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:

Horizon is a arcade racer and as such it actually has more content and definetly a lot more cars (typical arcade racers have less then 60 cars) then most other arcade racer.  Never played TDU so I'm not sure if going that route would be an improvement they need to keep the open world aspect my two favorite arcade racer Burnout Paradise and Forza Horizon are both open world racers. 

TDU is a huge open world arcade racer, the entire island of O'ahu
http://www.tdu-central.com/resources/tdu-map-complete.jpg
A lap around the island takes you over an hour in a fast car, plus you can go off-road over the entire map.

Coming from that Forza Horizon felt really small, the longest point to point distance from isolated corner to isolated corner is just a mile over the length of 24h Nurburgring. Less cars more places to drive them is better for me.

Although the driving model is very basic TDU2 is still fun to play. It includes the entire first game with extra off-road courses plus it adds Ibiza as the starting island. 175 vehicles including motor bikes. If only they could have got the handling right and toned down on the the toe cringing story aspects it would have been the arcade racer of the generation.

Goatseye said:
Hynad said:

But... Aren't graphics not supposed to be an indication of how good a game is?

Those XBox fans... Can't seem to get fixed on any standards.

When did me and you talk about graphics?

Hum... Because I wasn't the one you talked to about that means  you never commented about graphics with anyone? Sounds reasonable. ¬_¬