By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAV confirmed as Game of the Year on VGX Awards?

Between The Last of Us and GTA V, I think GTA V deserves it more.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
gergroy said:
Ugh, lame. I do have to give rockstar credit for making one the most felxible games ever made. You can pretty much do anything in it, but it is far too crass for my tastes.

My vote for goty would probably go to bioshock infinite... Or the last of us. One of those two.

Bioshock infinite? that's game defined a new meaning of generic

Mario 3D world should win game of the year.

That has to be the best troll ever.

I never knew Rockstar was based in Scotland. What a strange place to be based.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

jlmurph2 said:
007BondAgent said:
gergroy said:
Ugh, lame. I do have to give rockstar credit for making one the most felxible games ever made. You can pretty much do anything in it, but it is far too crass for my tastes.

My vote for goty would probably go to bioshock infinite... Or the last of us. One of those two.

How can my opinion be a troll? you know it's against the rules to call people out like that?

007BondAgent said:
jlmurph2 said:
007BondAgent said:
gergroy said:

How can my opinion be a troll? you know it's against the rules to call people out like that?

You call Bioshock generic and then say Mario should win.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:

I don't see the trolling part, can you spell it out more clearly for me? Both of those statements sound like valid opinions to me.

the_dengle said:
jlmurph2 said:

I don't see the trolling part, can you spell it out more clearly for me? Both of those statements sound like valid opinions to me.

I thought he was literally joking, considering how much he posts on the "Sony side" while saying things like "The Wii U is done"

007BondAgent said:
gergroy said:

What's generic about the game? I mean, I could completely understand someone not liking it. But I can't really find anything in the game that screams generic. It has a very beautiful and colorful world that is a sharp contrast of nearly every other game on none nintendo consoles. It's got a pretty big variety of spells(plasmids) and weapons that can be used in all sorts of fun combos. The skyhook battles aren't remotely similar to anything else I've ever played. It has a solid story, with a great twist. There is a pretty wide variety of enemies and minibosses. It was one of the more unique experiences this year.

As for the winner, I think it was inevidable that GTA 5 would win. Never has a game had this much hype. 

Well, mine game of the year is THE LAST OF US, better yet, game of the generation. It is such a shame they gave it to the biggest money maker, oh, well, it is a industry after all.

Naughty Dog, you guys have my respect, THE LAST OF US is THE game to play in the last gen.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

jlmurph2 said:

I thought he was literally joking, considering how much he posts on the "Sony side" while saying things like "The Wii U is done"

He probably does think he's being ironic. Too bad he was accidentally correct for a change. Bioshock Infinite was nauseatingly bland. Mario is spectacular, and it is not generic simply by nature of having "Mario" in its title.