By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Official(ish) World Cup 2014 thread. FULL draw and fixture list inside.

seiya19 said:
pastro243 said:

Speaking of us, Im pretty confident we can make good matches against Spain and Holland, if we somehow manage to "control" them with pressure hopefully we wont get many one-on-one situations where our defenders(except for Medel) would probably loose.

Bad thing is that both of them play the offensive-posession thing that we do and are not the traditional european stiff teams(Like England) that would fit us much more.

Anyway, after Chile, I will always support the rest of south americans, so good luck

Yeah... I was just watching the sports section of the news here and someone made a comment on how your group is more on the "technical" side while ours is more on the "physical" one. It will be quite difficult to take the ball from Spain if they're on their game though (it happened to us, not long ago...), so you might be forced to play more on the defensive side than you would want to. Holland is a bit more practical and frontal I believe, so you might end up sharing the ball with them.

Can't say I fully support the rest of South America here as you because... You know... Argentina and Brazil... >.< It's a love-hate relationship !

No issue with you guys though, so, good luck to you !

Last time we played  we managed to steal the ball away from them, until we were 2-1 up, then we started playing physical and chasing the ball and they scored in the last minute, so I guess we have to try to do the same this time. We have players that can do that, but cant do shit when it comes to physical football, specially in the back

Around the Network

prediction: Netherlands will become champion this time

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kowenicki said:
Mummelmann said:
kowenicki said:
chocoloco said:
I did not even know the USA tied last time for the world Cup win. lol

Seems like the so called experts are already predicting USA to win their group. I might have to pay attention this time.

Then they aren't experts.  They MIGHT just get through by some set of weird circumstance, but I seriously doubt it.

USA beating Germany and Portugal? No way, man. And Ghana is actually a really good team as well, deffo top 3 on the African continent.

I was being polite.  didnt "i seriously doubt it" provide a hint.

Of course, it was more to clarify to others. With both of us being from Europe, we know what the US football team is capable of (and not).

YAY, Australia got fucked over AGAIN. Seriously this is so fucking bullshit. Oh well, go Belgium

ktay95 said:
YAY, Australia got fucked over AGAIN. Seriously this is so fucking bullshit. Oh well, go Belgium

So, you'd prefer a slightly higher chance to reach the round of 16 to the opportunity to compete directly with the reigning world champs and vice-champs in the biggest sports event on the planet ?

That's a shame, I thought at least the smaller nations still had the right mind set going into this.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:
Lafiel said:
ktay95 said:

So, you'd prefer a slightly higher chance to reach the round of 16 to the opportunity to compete directly with the reigning world champs and vice-champs in the biggest sports event on the planet ?

That's a shame, I thought at least the smaller nations still had the right mind set going into this.

Yeah, apparently its not enough that they are virtually guaranteed qualification by being in with a load of second rate nations in every single qualifying campaign.

Um since when was Asia an easy place to qualify in

Also its not like I dont want to see us verse great teams, I just want us to do well for once

and if your wondering here are our last few world cup groups

Team
PldWDLGFGAGDPts
 Brazil 3 3 0 0 7 1 +6 9
 Australia 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4
 Croatia 3 0 2 1 2 3 −1 2
 Japan 3 0 1 2 2 7 −5 1

Miracle that we made it through here (prior to being considered Asia)

Team
PldWDLGFGAGDPts
 Germany 3 2 0 1 5 1 +4 6
 Ghana 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4
 Australia 3 1 1 1 3 6 −3 4
 Serbia 3 1 0 2 2 3 −1 3

It just gets easier dosent it

TeamPld
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
Pts
 Spain 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
 Netherlands 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
 Chile 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
 Australia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

And now this

We get crap draws every time. To make things worse this is the worst squad we have sent over and I am displeased with how the squad has been manged as of recently

As a french i am happy, but i still think we won't make it out of the group.

kowenicki said:
Pavolink said:
Why?

why what?

Giver our national team (Mexico) latest performance, we mexicans (Pavo and I) think it'll be very hard to make it through that group.

Best of luck to all Concacaf teams.

honestly the whole drawing system the they use is just bullshit.
i dont wanna see fixed groups, just have all 32 teams TOTALLY drawn at random no groups
just 1 draw for the poule and 1 draw for the number with in the poule
i mean fuck it the odds of getting spain, germany, brazil and the netherlands in one group would be awesome

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Another "easy" group for Argentina!!! If we make it to second round we won't have to play against Mexico again. I hope we we don't cross path again with Germany on quarter finals. Seriously, two World Cups in a row we had to play against Mexico on second round and Germany on quarter finals.

I feel bad for USA, Australia and Uruguay. Those won't have it easy.