By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ni no Kuni 2 for PS4 announcement coming tomorrow !!!

golfgt170 said:
gergroy said:
Good god I hope not. I hated the first game. Like a lot. Heard nothing but praises about it, so I bought it. Hated it!!! Worst JRPG I have played this gen!!

Wow! with all that charm the game has and still hated it?

Care to elaborate what are the other Jrpgs that you've played?

I've played most of them, probably.  At least all the big ones.  

I own

Ni no Kuni

FFXIII

FFXIII-2

Tales of Xilla

White knights 1&2

Valkyria Chronicles (if you count that as a JRPG)

Lost Odyssey

Blue Dragon

Tales of Vesperia

Infinite Undiscovery

Last Remnant

Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

Of those, I would say my favorite three are 1, xenoblade, 2, Last Story, 3, Lost Odyssey.  

This gen has been more about the WRPG's for me though...

Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
gergroy said:
Good god I hope not. I hated the first game. Like a lot. Heard nothing but praises about it, so I bought it. Hated it!!! Worst JRPG I have played this gen!!

You are forever dead to me lol. Game was great. First person I ever talked to that never liked it. Does start slow but really grows.

Starts slow and it can get overly immature at times so I can understand a more traditionally western audience not appreciating it.  I've lent out my copy to several friends and family members, and no one seems to last more than a few hours >_<.

It's all about the game.

Hi everyone!..

i have a friend who work on Sony-Latin america... i told him about this rumor and he said me that the game its in development for Ps4 (everybody know that :p).. but will not be announced tomorrow... although, he could be lying me..

he never tell me anything.. the only thing that he has leaked to me previously was the ps4 announcement before the tease trailer..

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta

lilwingman said:
Panicnausia said:
gergroy said:

You are forever dead to me lol. Game was great. First person I ever talked to that never liked it. Does start slow but really grows.

Starts slow and it can get overly immature at times so I can understand a more traditionally western audience not appreciating it.  I've lent out my copy to several friends and family members, and no one seems to last more than a few hours >_<.

True, but he is a big JRPG fan, surprised, but oh well, different strokes different folks.

Panicnausia said:
lilwingman said:
Panicnausia said:
gergroy said:

True, but he is a big JRPG fan, surprised, but oh well, different strokes different folks.

Even among JRPGs though Ni No Kuni brings a lot of cheese...

... I mean charm.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
golfgt170 said:
gergroy said:

Wow! with all that charm the game has and still hated it?

Care to elaborate what are the other Jrpgs that you've played?

I've played most of them, probably.  At least all the big ones.  

FFXIII

FFXIII-2

Erm, ok... 

I guess you are the 1st i know that enjoys Jrpgs and didnt like Ni no kuni

Great I hope people don't start over-hyping this like they did the first game. First game was good but nothing special.

I dsliked some things of pertaining the battle system of the original game but the plot was cool and sequel would be nice.

I doubt they will announce it though.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

NobleTeam360 said:
Great I hope people don't start over-hyping this like they did the first game. First game was good but nothing special.

In your opinion, IMO it's grossly underrated in an age most games are devoid of any charm and sense of adventure, or rushing you to the next cinematic.

outlawauron said:
jlmurph2 said:

Wait wait wait...why would a low selling JRPG be announced at a severely Americanized big name award show?

You sure about that? It sold better in the West than it did in Japan.

Considering the number of players from both countries I surely hope it did.