Nice Graph!

Wii + :)
PS3 + :)
360 - :(

Around the Network

Nice graphs

CrashMan said:

Whipped this up in Excel, though some of you might find it useful/interesting

very nice, ioi was actualy planning on making a graph just like this for the site. Nice job.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Mummelmann said:
@Crashman; pricedrops don't help if no one wants your product, and that is the essence of the 360's problem. The X-box had numerous pricecuts and was always very cheap, but failed to sell well even in the mass market range.
There seems to be very little interest for the 360 outside the US, so it has basically one market in which to sell.
The way things stand now it is very unlikely that MS will gain more foothold in Eu/Others or Japan, going by current demand and last gen there seems to be a very small market for them there. The PS3 is improving in every market and is outselling the 360 by a fair amount in every market outside of NA by now and the numbers are likely to increase as this years very anticipated titles arrive.
All MS can do is keep the NA market buzzing and hope numbers in EU remain decent at least.

I know they could cut the price, but like I said; I don't think its the price holding the 360 back, its the overall image. Peter Moore himself, while working in the 360 division, said that they had an image problem and a big part of his job was to fix it. He failed at it, as is evident in the Japanese market especially, and he knows it. I think that is partially why he quit.
All in all, don't expect the 360 to sell much more than it already does, there's really not any way to do that with only one good market.

*Nods to Mummelmann*

Image is maybe not everything, but it sure helps (or hurts).  Microsoft had a window last year at this time where, if it had announced 'officially' a fix to RROD and a price drop, I think it could have hammerred Sony's PS3 very hard.  But they wanted to make a profit, which is understandable.  And of course, was very slow (and still are) to admit how big the RROD is, and what they have done to fix it.  And now, momentum has switch.  At best, they can hope for a 'Gamecube' result.  That is, yes, be number #3 this generation, but at least make some money on this box.  Hoping for better results next generation.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

more like lets see if the DS will ever have 75% of the handheld market share

Around the Network

Only 4.2 percent to go before TBFJ get's banned.