By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Think Zelda U Will Be Announced At VGX?

What do you think will be at VGX?

Zelda U 115 46.00%

Donkey Kong 28 11.20%

Yarn Yoshi 7 2.80%

Bayonetta 2 5 2.00%

X 30 12.00%

Smash Bros. 15 6.00%

Mario Kart 8 8 3.20%

New IP 30 12.00%

Other (Post what it is) 12 4.80%

Total:250

Wii music U with Navi as a playable character

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I hope not. I'll take a Cranky kong trailer.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

The following could happen that can be a let down:
1. Nintendo justs shows Cranky Kong
2. Nintendo shows a 2D zelda game for Wii U similar to how they showed Super Mario 3D World in E3
3. Nintendo shows a Zelda game that looks less realistic than Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time 3D.
4. Nintendo announces Majora Mask remake/sequel for 3DS.

Prepare for the worst guys!

I hope for Nintendo's sake, that whatever it is, it's huge.

Regardless of what is actually announced, there are going to be a lot of disappointed gamers (even if they show Zelda). It seems impossible, but I expect even more doom threads after the announcement...

I think it's quite possible, though MarioKart and Smash are more likely. I wouldn't put too much thought into the wording implying an already seen title, the wording is off all the time on the Direct Connect promos.

Around the Network

It is DK and MK8, and be happy about it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Why is announcing a playable character in Smash Brothers (or any game) considered a big deal?

why is a cat suit in a Mario game a big deal? I just don t get it, If all they announce is a new playable character in a known game then the whole announcement is a farce IMO

MohammadBadir said:
POE said:
MohammadBadir said:
I watched that video and his reasoning makes sense. Too much sense.
So Nintendo's probably not gonna announce it.

I´ve seen this type of comment a lot lately,wich means people already know that when something makes too much sense, Nintendo will do the oposite. And that´s exactly the reason  why Nintendo will announce Zelda U at the VGX, because they like to do things that people do not expect. People are expecting Cranky Kong as a playable character because showing a Zelda will make too much sense, so, they will announce it. I hope i made myself clear :D

but if we expect them to do the unexpected by making an unexpected announcement that we didn't expect because we expected something else, wouldn't that mean that the opposite will happen?

lol, Yes but only a few of us are expecting this, so the rule will apply to the majority of people.

roborad said:
I think it's a metroid game.
They just released a zelda game for the wii-u (well, re-release HD) but you get my point.
Way too early to reveal another zelda (that will happen at e3, maybe).
I think it's prime-time we see another metroid game by Retro Studios.

Retro just finished DK. Metroid wouldn't be ready to show, but Zelda is.

hmm now that I actually saw the video I think he is on to something. I didn't even know all of what he said happened.

damn you Will Smith now I'm hyped for Zelda :(

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(