By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict the Name of Zelda U

The Legend of Zelda: The Sacred Tablet

Guess how you interact with the tablet.

Around the Network

Zelda the faces of evil part 2

Nintendo and PC gamer

the_dengle said:

Impossible. Almost every game has been named after an item or person within the game that no one knew about beforehand. The Ocarina of Time did not exist before Ocarina of Time was made, the Wind Waker, the Minish Cap, the Phantom Hourglass, the Spirit Tracks, etc. There were no "Oracles" in the series until Oracle of Ages & Seasons. There was no Twilight Realm nor a Princess thereof until Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword as a phrase doesn't even make sense unless you know what the concept for the game is.

The only exceptions are Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Link Between Worlds, and still you'd be hard-pressed to guess any of those ahead of time. But your best bet is to aim for something with "Link" in it, because it most likely will not contain any proper nouns that don't exist yet.

This.  I was going to write something exactly like this, then I saw you already did.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

the_dengle said:

Impossible. Almost every game has been named after an item or person within the game that no one knew about beforehand. The Ocarina of Time did not exist before Ocarina of Time was made, the Wind Waker, the Minish Cap, the Phantom Hourglass, the Spirit Tracks, etc. There were no "Oracles" in the series until Oracle of Ages & Seasons. There was no Twilight Realm nor a Princess thereof until Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword as a phrase doesn't even make sense unless you know what the concept for the game is.

The only exceptions are Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Link Between Worlds, and still you'd be hard-pressed to guess any of those ahead of time. But your best bet is to aim for something with "Link" in it, because it most likely will not contain any proper nouns that don't exist yet.

Exactly, it's an exercise in futility. More fruitful would be guessing at the setting or theme.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The Legend of Demise: Triforce Begins

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Exactly, it's an exercise in futility. More fruitful would be guessing at the setting or theme.

Reminds me of all the people trying to guess the name of the 7th Harry Potter book before it was announced... I told them the same thing.

I would love it if they named it "The New Legend of Zelda."

I would also love it if they made it graphically impressive without ruining their artistic integrity AKA no dark, gritty Zelda. I want it to be as bright as Skyward Sword and Wind Waker but with an art style that takes notes from Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds (artwork). And I want a younger Link, like 14-15. Old enough to snarky but young enough to hold innocence.

And I want a new staple antagonist as likable as Ghirahim and Gant. And a Princess as likable as in Skyward Sword's Zelda. And a partner that is as likable as The King of Red Lion's, Midna, and Ezlo. And a return of Loftwings. And the Demise war.

osed125 said:
Zelda the faces of evil part 2

I can only hope so.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 2.

Here's hoping for a prequel to Majora's Mask that tells us more about the conception of Majora.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

The Legend of Zelda: Rings of Virtue

I don't know why, but I love how this sounds.