By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All next-gen released: Can we officially state the end of the Wii U now ?

Now we can FINALLY (and AGAIN) say that

The Wii U has failed 31 37.80%

The Wii U has a chance of... 30 36.59%

The Wii U can still win this generation 17 20.73%

Answers. 4 4.88%

Total:82

No, because I fear you'll get some kind of boner if we do.
Grow up, please.

Around the Network

I voted "Wii U can still win this generation" because guess what, potentially it can. Nothing is set in stone as of right now, and even though I don't believe that it actually will win the generation, it could. It's far to early to say anything. For all we know, PS4 could sell 4-6 million, at which point all initial demand would be gone as every one of these people would have one, and then drop like a rock, selling barely 8 million lifetime. Now, of course, everyone will say "there's no way that that's gonna happen", and I don't think that it'll happen either, but we have no clue as of right now and have to assume that this could happen, because, well, almost everything is possible.

And do we assume that the Vita is dead? Every competitor is on the market and it's been almost 2 years, more than 1 3/4 globally, and it has been doing pretty badly so far. Do we assume it's dead or why aren't there topics going on right now stating it's death, asking if we can officially state its end?
There aren't, and for good reason. You can't officially state the end of a console until it's manufacturer does. So chill, people.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

I'm going to lock this thread because the tone set by the OP is going to preclude an honest discussion on the matter.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The way some people word posts seems to be like they hope the PS4 and BONE fail. This reasoning does not make sense because if they perform as badly as the Wii U during their first year then we got a serious gaming industry collapse. A collapse so big it would be bad for all of us that enjoy games. That is why I root for the PS4 and BONE.

Pretty much everyone I know has 2 consoles and the combo seems to be either PS3/Wii or 360/Wii. Nintendo just needs to make alot of games because then it will get to the point where if you have a PS4 or X1, you feel like you are missing too much not to have one. I went and got a 3DS eventually because the list of games I wanted to play became so big that dropping $200 on a console seemed like a bargain.