By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All next-gen released: Can we officially state the end of the Wii U now ?

Now we can FINALLY (and AGAIN) say that

The Wii U has failed 31 37.80%

The Wii U has a chance of... 30 36.59%

The Wii U can still win this generation 17 20.73%

Answers. 4 4.88%

Total:82
blublibla said:
GianCarmen said:
Really. How many different threads are we going to see about Wii U being the end. We still are waiting for a new Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros let me know what else we are missing.

Until stupid Nintendo fans stop killing Nintendo by being completely delusional and not demanding/critizing Nintendo for the mistakes they've made.

You're talking about future game releases, like it will change anything. I'm talking about the fact that no matter these games, there are already initial condition that makes it so that the Wii U will fail no matter what

You really believe that those games wont change anything. lol. Just come out and say that Wii U is done and Nintendo is doomed. Because that is what you are looking for.

Around the Network

agh, people... Isn't there anything else to discuss in here apart from WiiU failing? there's more discussing about WiiU failing than about XboxONE and Ps4 succeeding, and this is sick!!

anyway, first of all, it is too early to judge, launch gave 1-2 million to start with, the coming months are more important

also, I believe, as with the 3DS, many families will slowly upgrade to WiiU, but only time will tell

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Xbox One 1,5mi next week???

It will be 1,8mi to 1,9mi when VGChartz reveal last week numbers.

blublibla said:

So it's official:

PS4 has sold 2.1 millions console just on two release days in NA and EU.
Xbox One should be around 1.5 next week.

They respectively sold half and a third of what Wii U sold in a WHOLE YEAR.
____

Now if you are smart, and not a completely delusional fan, you already knew the Wii U would fail (no matter the games, but because of the hardware).

SO now that we're there, what are your prediction for the console future on these 3 questions:

1. Will the Wii U finish last on the podium of this generation?

2. Will it be discontinued in 2, 3 years or more?

3. What will this generation failure amount to for Nintendo's future?

A huge number of PS4s and Xbox Ones sold were to scalpers.  I've been watching prices on Craig's List drop like crazy on them as no one is willing to pay much more than retail. 

As for your topic...give it a rest already.  It's stupid topics like this that have done a huge amount of damage to the Wii U already.  Anyone on the fence about buying one reads crap like this and it changes a lot of their minds. 

I personally would HATE to see only MS and Sony in the race as they're nothing more than huge corporations milky where they can.  Nintendo is the only true video game console manufacture left.  Nintendo drops out and Samsung will most likely enter the race and pulverize MS and Sony, and no I don’t want to see that either.

Stop hating and start playing.

No, you cant. Only Nintendo can do that and they most probably wont.

Around the Network

Why do we need to officially state the end of the wii u?

if i had a dollar for everytime someone said Nintendo is doomed and they weren't, I'd have enough money to buy Sony.

Its launch. PS4/Xbone have not surpassed Wii U. They just had better numbers on launch day.

You can't call it dead until its dead. Next holiday.

RolStoppable said:
We can't judge the system before its first christmas. (Launch doesn't count.)

I'm having a bit of a déjà vu here.

WiiU shipped 3.06 Million during launch so XB1 is less than half as successful as WiiU and PS4 is about 2/3 as successful so far so WiiU didn't fail
during its first year WiiU provided me with slightly more than half the fun the Wii brought to me during the six year (Half the fun was from brawl)
TW101 wipes the flower with madworld and Nintendo Land is way better than Wii Play and slightly beats Wii Sports
If you're so confident then come and accept my bet(link in the signature) because i'm sick and tired of people saying that WiiU will fail but are too afraid to accept the bet(you can accept either half or both(only people on this thread))

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615