By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All next-gen released: Can we officially state the end of the Wii U now ?

Now we can FINALLY (and AGAIN) say that

The Wii U has failed 31 37.80%

The Wii U has a chance of... 30 36.59%

The Wii U can still win this generation 17 20.73%

Answers. 4 4.88%

Total:82

So it's official:

PS4 has sold 2.1 millions console just on two release days in NA and EU.
Xbox One should be around 1.5 next week.

They respectively sold half and a third of what Wii U sold in a WHOLE YEAR.
____

Now if you are smart, and not a completely delusional fan, you already knew the Wii U would fail (no matter the games, but because of the hardware).

SO now that we're there, what are your prediction for the console future on these 3 questions:

1. Will the Wii U finish last on the podium of this generation?

2. Will it be discontinued in 2, 3 years or more?

3. What will this generation failure amount to for Nintendo's future?

Around the Network

What is your definition of fail?

Yes we can

Really. How many different threads are we going to see about Wii U being the end. We still are waiting for a new Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros let me know what else we are missing.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Good question. Last gen, we couldn't really say that there was a failure because the three console sold great.

A failure is when a console or product on a given market falls far behind the other leading console(s) ie. Xbox, Gamecube (20mil) or Dreamcast(10mil) compared to PS2(155mil), even though I prefered the Gamecube and Dreamcast back then.

Around the Network
GianCarmen said:
Really. How many different threads are we going to see about Wii U being the end. We still are waiting for a new Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros let me know what else we are missing.

Until stupid Nintendo fans stop killing Nintendo by being completely delusional and not demanding/critizing Nintendo for the mistakes they've made.

You're talking about future game releases, like it will change anything. I'm talking about the fact that no matter these games, there are already initial condition that makes it so that the Wii U will fail no matter what.

Well the Wii U has sold nearly 2.2 Million units till the end of 2012, so we'll see what happens in the near future....

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

blublibla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Good question. Last gen, we couldn't really say that there was a failure because the three console sold great.

A failure is when a console or product on a given market falls far behind the other leading console(s) ie. Xbox, Gamecube (20mil) or Dreamcast(10mil) compared to PS2(155mil), even though I prefered the Gamecube and Dreamcast back then.

Well from that percpective I guess ya it is a failure, but the GC did still make Nintendo a profit.

Probably

blublibla said:
GianCarmen said:

Until stupid Nintendo fans stop killing Nintendo by being completely delusional and not demanding/critizing Nintendo for the mistakes they've made.

You're talking about future game releases, like it will change anything. I'm talking about the fact that no matter these games, there are already initial condition that makes it so that the Wii U will fail no matter what.

Those stupid Nintendo fans, I hate them, I hate every single one of them.