By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 becomes fastest selling console ever in Australia

phenom08 said:
^20 million? You can't be serious.

Are you quoting my post? What is wrong with that? Do you think 20million is too big or too small?

Around the Network

Sorry guys.

US = World
Everywhere is alien country that doesn't exist. At least according to most media outlets.

zhao3gold said:
PS4 will be No#1 for sure in the new gen. X1 will be on spot#2 with healthy sales although the gap to PS4 might be wider than 20million. Wii U will be totally fucked up as far as I see.

I think 20 million might be a little high but it is definitely going to dominate. Xbox One will experience a pretty substantial sales bump with Titanfall but after that it will settle down to being 2nd place for the rest of the generation. If you look at the sales differences between 360 and PS3 each week, PS3 probably would have beat the Xbox by around 7 to 8 million if they would have launched the same year. This gap will definitely be more than that as the PS3 did not start strong. Interesting years for gamers ahead of us.

phenom08 said:

If PS4 is 120mi and XOne is 100mi... that is good for everyone.

Fastest selling in two continents confirmed!

Around the Network

Can't wait to see the PS4's sales in the PAL territories, especially after hearing how it outsold the XBO almost twice as much in the UK and now this.

ps4 really doing great, first NA then UK now Australia, hope it continues.

Rumors says 27k units sold in the first 10 days for PS3.

But the PS4 double is about revenue... so PS4 needs way more than 2x units to match 2x PS3 revenue.

I'm guessing something close or over 50k.

Not a bad start, also sold out of it's second shipment, wouldn't be far off selling through their third shipment either.

zhao3gold said:
phenom08 said:

Are you quoting my post? What is wrong with that? Do you think 20million is too big or too small?

He expects the PS4 to sell like the Vita so there's your answer.