By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are so many people buying xbox one boxes?

It's to fool their friends or family by putting a PS4 inside for christmas

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Consumers are stupid. Maybe they think "box" means "Xbox"

day one achievement? you have got to be kidding, why are some people hardcore enough to spend hundreds of bucks for that and an empty box? I've got three mgs tattoos but I didn't throw my old ps3 away and and shell out for the mgs special edition, and that was friggin awesome console not just a box. odd people out there...

To put a normal Xbox one the day 1 editions, which, by the way, I own =D

Want to buy my box? it is yours for 3 thousand dollars =D 

Just the box, no console =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I think it's mainly because people are fucking idiots that don't read things properly and assume they are getting a console as well. They deserve to be ripped off if you ask me.

Around the Network

It's mixed resins but all are dumb asses.

The ones who think it's the console are dumb asses for not proof reading.
And the people who think those boxes will be worth anything with out the console and stuff INSIDE AND UNOPENED in a few years are dumb asses.

Basically when the original owners opened the box all future potential value of it flew out the window.

the difference in price between a brand new n64 system unopened and a used one on amazon paints the whole story.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

In my country this is easy to understand:

XboxOne: BRL $ 2300 (USD $ 1.000)
PS4: BRL $ 4000 ( USD $ 1739)

For the other countries, a single word: Hype

Lol see the last post is a perfect example of people not reading properly or not at all...

anyway I'm sure some collectors are interested among the one that couldn't put their hands on one during pre order phase.... Maybe some got theirs damage during shipment....

I know older consoles even open cost more with the box... Sealed is the best of course...

Fanboys can do all kinds of crazy things. A friend of mine here in Brazil (where xbox one is really expensive) bought two at day one and, when I asked him why ,he said he wanted to have a spare just in case the first one breaks.

Mistershine said:
They deserve to be ripped off if you ask me.

1. It's against ebay's terms of service to sell just boxes

2. In any decent country (i.e. not the US), you have a 7 day right of return for all goods bought online