By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are so many people buying xbox one boxes?

To have something to put their Xboxes in.

Also, I know it's unethical, but they're probably buying Day One boxes, so that at some point they can sell their not Day One consoles for extravagant prices by saying they are Day One Xbox Ones and they've got the boxes to prove it. That would probably net them a couple of hundred dollars profit next year and even more later in the gen.

Around the Network

people are stupid

It does seem to be a well designed box. Quality material. I could make a really nice hamster beach house with something like that.

I think the winning bidders will be disappointed when they find out the box they just bought isnt the box inside the box.

Soleron said:
Mistershine said:
They deserve to be ripped off if you ask me.

1. It's against ebay's terms of service to sell just boxes

2. In any decent country (i.e. not the US), you have a 7 day right of return for all goods bought online

Distance selling rules don't apply to private ebay sellers in the UK. It's a case of buyer beware, the same as if you buy from an ad in a local paper. As long as the item is as described(in this case an xbox one box with an achievement in it) than it's a case of tough titties if your not happy.

Around the Network
EdHieron said:

Also, I know it's unethical, but they're probably buying Day One boxes, so that at some point they can sell their not Day One consoles for extravagant prices by saying they are Day One Xbox Ones and they've got the boxes to prove it. That would probably net them a couple of hundred dollars profit next year and even more later in the gen.

consoles only go down in price after a while i dont think people will be buying a used xbox one out of the open day one box 1000$. when sealed ones are going for 600$ right now.

theleaguegame said:
EdHieron said:

consoles only go down in price after a while i dont think people will be buying a used xbox one out of the open day one box 1000$. when sealed ones are going for 600$ right now.

Like everything else the Day One version will become a Collector's Item ( which is why you would design a Day One Console in the first place ), then down the line they'll shove Xbox Ones Consoles in the box that aren't Day One consoles and sell them as Day One consoles and they'll be able to turn quite a hefty profit off of some customers that don't really know what a Day One console is supposed to look like.  Just look at the asking prices for some of the different color Gameboy Advances and DSs on there.

I would probably guess its a mixture of die hard fanboys and retards who don't bother to read the description/title properly, thinking that they're actually bidding on a console rather than just an empty box, welp, they'll be in for a big surprise when a big black box comes and they open it to find nothing but bubble wrap inside to relieve their stress for being stupid beyond belief.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Because people are stupid, and crazy.

Mistershine said:
Soleron said:
Mistershine said:
They deserve to be ripped off if you ask me.

1. It's against ebay's terms of service to sell just boxes

2. In any decent country (i.e. not the US), you have a 7 day right of return for all goods bought online

Distance selling rules don't apply to private ebay sellers in the UK. It's a case of buyer beware, the same as if you buy from an ad in a local paper. As long as the item is as described(in this case an xbox one box with an achievement in it) than it's a case of tough titties if your not happy.

I didn't know that, thanks.

Still. They don't deserve it.