By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My opinion on various ps4 games (kz, bf4, ac4 after some extensive time) Come and read!

So?

Boo, kz deserves better, go buy an xbox one! 7 17.95%

Nice! 9 23.08%

You know nothing! 0 0%

I agree! 4 10.26%

I think kz should be higher.... 8 20.51%

hmmm... 3 7.69%

Not sure 0 0%

No, No, No! 1 2.56%

lol 3 7.69%

"Cries" 4 10.26%

Total:39
adriane23 said:
I'll be playing Battlefied 4 today. I've been too engrossed in NBA 2K14 to care about much else lately.

For NBA 2K14 - 8/10

For Killzone: Shadow Fall - 6/10 (HUGELY disappointing SP, and slightly disappinting MP)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9/10 (Finally a return to greatness)

Battlefield 4 - TBA

It's nice to see so many people agreeing that Assassin's Creed IV is good.  I remember I got some ahte for liking III (in retrospect, it's not that great). 

My rankings: 

Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed IV:  black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed

The top three are in a tier all their own, with III, Liberation, and Revelations in second tier, and the original being the worst.  Frankly, after how hilariously bad the first one was with the terrible mission structure and bad AI, I'm surprised they made a franchise out of it, but I'm glad they did. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

The first 3 levels of KZ:SF were very impressive, fun gameplay and exploration, great sound design.

Then I played chapter 4 yesterday. That was a bit of a mess to be honest. Flying into Vekta looked awesome, but the gameplay was mundane and the sound design a far less polished compared to earlier levels. The train station section was extremely bland, there were weird pauses in cut scenes, the sound cut off abruptly between sections and it was generally too noisy on the rear channels during the first segment.

The start of chapter 5 was good again, haven't got further yet.

I haven't got a clue what the story is about, not engaging at all. I guess it's going to be the same as other Killzone games, a couple of great levels and a bunch of mediocre ones.

On the other hand, I can't stop playing AC4, open world sailing is fantastic. Sailing around to find frigates with metal on board, capturing naval forts, I even don't mind the twitchy parkour in between. It still has plenty issues though. Can we please have a run button without constantly running up walls, so annoying. Lemme skip the Abstergo nonsense, not interested. Combat is still meh, it's a good incentive to keep to stealth gameplay on land and air assassinations during ship boarding. Exploring a huge sea more then makes up for it. Got to go hunt some whales now I've opened up the next section.

Runa216 said:
Shinobi-san said:
Are you a fan of the AC franchise? How does AC4 compare to the rest. Saying its better than 3 isnt saying much

I'm a huge fan, and Assassin's Creed IV has the best gameplay to date; The best is still II, but if IV had a better modern story, it'd be the best.  That's how good it is. 

nice

Although personally i think Brotherhood was the best AC so far. Best combat (i know some say it was too easy but it's fitting for a deadly assassin), good story, i love the addition of the "brotherhood" calling in assassins to assist, makes you feel badass, and theres tons of shit to do.

Edit: Not to mention the challenges and trying to beat world records. For some reason they took a lot of those things out in revelations...no clue why.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BloodyRain said:
Max King of the Wild said:
So... what do you give knack? an 8.8?

I haven't played knack at all, so no clue really. Where did the 8.8 come from unless this is sarcasm of some kind xD

He is mocking somebody on this site out of poor taste.

I've been playing Battlefield 4 and haven't been enjoying it -_-  Even though it is a pretty game I still think it is bland and the sniper is still useless as ever.  Plus having server based playlists I can't find hardcore games that are active which leads me to playing regular where people are bullet sponges.  I haven't even got to try the Singleplayer yet but I'll have to work on that.

By the way ACIV I've been hearing good stuff about.  Hope it is as good as people are saying.  I didn't like Revelations or ACIII

KZ was great, except all the stupid space floating skydaving crap and open door by finding a big cock and sticking into the hole.

8.5/10 loves the owl and more strategic shooting then run and gun.

AC cant stand the stealth ease dropping stay out of sight bs, and the be end all of crapness the Abstergo doucheness modern shit. Pirating is pure awesomeness though.

9/10 pirating makes up for lot of short comings, someone make a pirate game now!!!!!