By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blown away by PS4 ACIV. 1080p matters.

PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV has received a 1080p patch and holy shit... it matters. The graphics are so crisp and detailed I can't help but think how much better this is than 720p presentation.

How come people can't notice this difference? It's absurdly better than 720p.

Around the Network

1080p is much clearer and crisper than 720p

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

and more colorful

Sensei said:

PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV has received a 1080p patch and holy shit... it matters. The graphics are so crisp and detailed I can't help but think how much better this is than 720p presentation.

Bacause 90% of those people who own a HDTV's bought HDReady. HDReady TV's are capped at 720p. Many places in the world TrueHD is regarded as a luxury commodity, and since cable providers only offers 720p broadcasting they end up not caring too much about upgrading to TrueHD.

rccsetzer said:
Skeeuk said:

and more colorful

would depend on your telly also, my 42" plasma is 5+ years old and picture isnt as crisp as when i forst bought it although it does display a good image

im a little bemused how there can be a 1080p patch lol

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

more is better? interesting,.. never would have guessed.

1080p looks twice as good in every way as 720p, no doubt about it [and higher resolutions make even more of a difference]. Even just switching from 1080p to 1200p on my laptop looks significant to me. 1440p and 1600p are just insane.

1080p is ALWAYS better
Only people who sit to far away say it doesn't matter.
If you have the choice you get the bigger numbers
And yes it looks incredible on the PS4 - Justification for a new console

Anyone have input on how game looks at 1440/1600p? Would be interesting to compare.

Sensei said:

A lot of people don't game on big enough TVs to tell the difference. Poor bastards.

I am the Playstation Avenger.