By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Black Friday Bundle Outsells Xbox One Equivalent Soundly at GameStop; Ranked 2nd and 7th

tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Its to be expected. The PS4 is vastly more popularthan the xbone.

Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.

If MS doesn't drop the price then yes PS4 will be more popular. If MS matches the PS4 price then it will lead US by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost.

Debateable. Sony has games coming out 2014 that will also provide a boost.... It takes more then 1-2 games to provide sustained momentum.

Uncharted will provide a boost. Infamous and 1886 will not be console sellers. Titanfall will be huge and so will Halo. If Halo even has half the effect that Halo 3 had on Xbox 360 then it will be a huge boost. Honestly PS4's biggest console seller will probably be Destiny which is a multiplat.

A tonne of people are waiting on Infamous to get a PS4, the hype is big for infamous. I think you will be surprised. Ore-orders are on par with titanfall. Many are content with multiplats anyway, they both have 90% of the same games. Most will run and look btter on PS4.

Almost every single game ran better on Xbox 360 than PS3 and PS3 still sold a ton of third party software. It will not make that big of a difference. Secondly a lot of people who are waiting for Infamous to buy a PS4 are playstation gamers. 360 gamers aren't jumping ship for Infamous. Titanfall preorders will explode in a month or so. Most likely after they announce a beta next week at VGX. Titanfall is the next COD.

Titan fall wont come close to COD, Destiny will be way bigger, want a bet?

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:

Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.

If MS doesn't drop the price then yes PS4 will be more popular. If MS matches the PS4 price then it will lead US by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost.

Debateable. Sony has games coming out 2014 that will also provide a boost.... It takes more then 1-2 games to provide sustained momentum.

Uncharted will provide a boost. Infamous and 1886 will not be console sellers. Titanfall will be huge and so will Halo. If Halo even has half the effect that Halo 3 had on Xbox 360 then it will be a huge boost. Honestly PS4's biggest console seller will probably be Destiny which is a multiplat.

A tonne of people are waiting on Infamous to get a PS4, the hype is big for infamous. I think you will be surprised. Ore-orders are on par with titanfall. Many are content with multiplats anyway, they both have 90% of the same games. Most will run and look btter on PS4.

Almost every single game ran better on Xbox 360 than PS3 and PS3 still sold a ton of third party software. It will not make that big of a difference. Secondly a lot of people who are waiting for Infamous to buy a PS4 are playstation gamers. 360 gamers aren't jumping ship for Infamous. Titanfall preorders will explode in a month or so. Most likely after they announce a beta next week at VGX. Titanfall is the next COD.

Anyone who wanst halo is already an xbox fan...Titanfall is on PC and ps3.. and is online only it is not going to sell what you think it is.. Many xbox fans have jumped ship and MS has none of the advantages they had last gen.

kowenicki said:
coolguy said:

Iam sure Sony re supllyed North America for Black Friday...I saw a most wanted list for 2014 games for  both consoles titanfall was not on the list. I forgot the web site .

playstation universe?

Titanfall is not going to be near as big as some people think.. Destiny will be way bigger.

kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
coolguy said:

Iam sure Sony re supllyed North America for Black Friday...I saw a most wanted list for 2014 games for  both consoles titanfall was not on the list. I forgot the web site .

playstation universe?

Titanfall is not going to be near as big as some people think.. Destiny will be way bigger.

No shit.  Mutiplatform versus 360 and ONE

Point captain obvious?? You are just saying what I already said.

kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
coolguy said:

playstation universe?

No shit.  Mutiplatform versus 360 and ONE

Point captain obvious?? You are just saying what I already said.

Well lates take an extreme example.  COD outsells Halo.  Is Halo not big?  To say Titanfall isnt improtant or a big deal because a multiplat high profile game will sell more is pretty silly.

Acctually that Halo example is possibly a bad example for you as you have already stated that Halo isnt a big deal for the Xbox One next year.  

Agressive for a newbie arent you?  Who did you used to be?

1 game wont be important in the grand scheme of things......not at all. Unless it ios GTA or COD one game wont do much of anything, Its also on PC and 360 further diminishing it.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:

Well lates take an extreme example.  COD outsells Halo.  Is Halo not big?  To say Titanfall isnt improtant or a big deal because a multiplat high profile game will sell more is pretty silly.

Acctually that Halo example is possibly a bad example for you as you have already stated that Halo isnt a big deal for the Xbox One next year.  

1 game wont be important in the grand scheme of things......not at all. Unless it ios GTA or COD one game wont do much of anything, Its also on PC and 360 further diminishing it.

Presumbaly with this statement you were referring to Titanfall.....? and this will also be true for Destiny then, after all its just one game and its multiplatform? 

and Halo?  also not important?

Libraries sells systems as does brand recognition, not 1 or 2 games..........

tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:

Not in the US

The big issue with Titanfall, and as I see it much of the One's lineup is the question of performance for people on unstable or lower end ISP's (~68% of American households have broadband access).  We've heard that Forza was only capable of it's performance levels because of the 'cloud' computing.  The problem is, a very solid chunk of 360 owner's (last figures I could find said 73% were online, which means ~21+ million 360's) , weren't online.  Which begs the question, what happens to game performance when you can't access the Azure servers, or your connection has hiccups?  I've been seriously concerned about a new sliding scale of performance based upon your bandwidth, and I've really seen no answers to it (If you have, please post some links, I'd be fascinated to read it).  Has Microsoft even made a contingency for these people?

Which makes you wonder about Titanfall, also.  Titanfall has no SP, and is a full bore MP game, it looks great, absolutely...but you have to have the internet for it which some people simply don't have, or don't have a reliable enough connection for, or aren't into MP.  So, it will be interesting to see how this effects gameplay/performance in games with cloud assisted computing, not to mention its sales.

kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:
Panicnausia said:
kowenicki said:

Presumbaly with this statement you were referring to Titanfall.....? and this will also be true for Destiny then, after all its just one game and its multiplatform? 

and Halo?  also not important?

Libraries sells systems as does brand recognition, not 1 or 2 games..........

To most people yes.  But certain games are triggers to push a purchase.  Halo is one of them.  Halo 5 will trigger many console sales the day it releases.  Its undeniable.

For a week maybe two, anyone who wants halo that bad already has their mind made up anyway. Not going to make much diff MS has had halo for a decade now. Not like ther isn't a tonne of top notch shooters coming dont  think halo will sway anyone to jump ship  with the games coming to PS4 , and the glut of shooters.

Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:

Not in the US

FPS are to the US what Dragon Quest use to be for Japan and what Fifa is to Europe. Titfanfall and Halo will be too much for Sony to compete with in 2014.

prayformojo said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:

Not in the US

FPS are to the US what Dragon Quest use to be for Japan and what Fifa is to Europe. Titfanfall and Halo will be too much for Sony to compete with in 2014.

Sure whatever you say..... Sony won't competer, got ya.....Laughable at best.