By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who else here has Asperger's Syndrome?

If you have it, would you get rid of it if you could?

Yes 55 63.22%

No 32 36.78%

Total:87

I never knew anyone else with it growing up, but once I moved to University there were quite a few.

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 19. I always had trouble reading people; I'd never know when people were angry, or sad, unless they were crying or yelling. I would annoy and piss people off but not know why. Conversation was insanely hard; I could never think of what to say, or know when it was appropriate to jump in. 

I had obsessive interests in things nobody else cared about; spiders, outer space, infectious diseases, giant monster movies. And I do mean obsessive. I would calculate the transmission and fatality rates of imaginary flu epidemics, just for fun. I was always smart for my age when it came to things like vocabulary, but the simplest everyday tasks, like shopping or ordering pizza, were just impossible.

Over time I gradually taught myself to recognize facial expressions, and body language. It's a work in progress, but I'm learning to manage my condition.

But you know what? I wouldn't change it if I could, cos it's a key part of what made me the person I am, and I'm happy with who I am.

So, do we have any Aspies in the VGChartz community?

And for those who do, if you could "cure" it, would you?

Around the Network

I think I might

What is Asperger's syndrome? Sorry for my ignorance XD

I know a 6year old kid who has it. Kinda off topic but I figured I'd mention it.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

AshKetchum1992 said:

http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/index.php/about-aspergers/what-is-aspergers

Around the Network

I may since I relate to almost every factor that is common among people with it. I also scored a 30 on the test.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

curl-6 said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/index.php/about-aspergers/what-is-aspergers

I actually felt identified with some of the things listed there, but not everything so I don't think that I have that, but who knows maybe I should go to the psychologist XD

I think I am.

Ever heard of Aspergers? It's a rare condition
It's what you're suffering from when you simply don't care if it's an
80 degree day and there's no fricken air conditioning
And you can't see the bitch's hair is frizzing
Cause you got the windows up blaring the system in your Chevrolet Prism
The devil ain't on the level same as him
Picture someone who revels in straight masochism

I don't, but I wonder what it feels like having it? Could it be explained?