By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGX Awards Biased?

Are the VGX awards slanted to microsoft.

Yes. 46 25.27%

Yes, and intentionally 83 45.60%

Yes, but just by coincidence 16 8.79%

No 37 20.33%

Total:182
Seece said:
TLOU will still win game of the year I think, I don't think VGA's have ever favoured Xbox have they?

GTA V takes this one EASLY...it doesnt get more dudebro appealing than GTA V

Around the Network

Yeah GTA 5 won. Pack it up everyone.

It's funny how the people at Spike want the VGAs to be taken seriously, but allow it to be bought so easily. I mean a site that just launched last year, and was backed by MS, has the most representatives of any site? And the Official Xbox mag has a representative, yet no other official mag does? Yea, that doesn't scream bias at all.

Of course, most people only watch the VGAs for the reveals.

thismeintiel said:
It's funny how the people at Spike want the VGAs to be taken seriously, but allow it to be bought so easily. I mean a site that just launched last year, and was backed by MS, has the most representatives of any site? And the Official Xbox mag has a representative, yet no other official mag does? Yea, that doesn't screamed bias at all.

Of course, most people only watch the VGAs for the reveals.

if polygon gets 3 reps, i demand Quarter to three get 3 representatives. lol

Seece said:
TLOU will still win game of the year I think, I don't think VGA's have ever favoured Xbox have they?

I dont think a single Xbox exclusive has won GOTY as long as I've been watching. Even Halo 4 didnt have a shot so you could be right and I thought Halo 4 was the biggest game to come out last year. That and Microsoft doesn't exactly always have a huge list of top notch exclusives out of first party. If they did, there would be a huge chance that they would. I think Halo 4 got best Xbox game though.

Around the Network

I would honestly say it is heavily biased towards Western Bro Demographic, not specific console.

VGAs are a joke please don't even bother to put any stock in that joke of a show.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:

I dont think a single Xbox exclusive has won GOTY (or even best Xbox game) as long as I've been watching. Even Halo 4 didnt have a shot so you could be right and I thought Halo 4 was the biggest game to come out last year. That and Microsoft doesn't exactly always have a huge list of top notch exclusives out of first party. If they did, there would be a huge chance that they would. 

Forget the fact that they haven't won, most years: They arent even nominated. Sony has atleast like one title every year be up there.

I do think that the official XB magazine shouldn't be allowed to be in it, or they are, the Playstation and Nintendo ones should be able to as well.

Loved both games but Other than the immersive story,
Gta5 in my opinion has been a better overall game than TLOU...

Op and everyone else complaining need to man up cause you guys are looking like babies !