By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thread For My Bets! <(^_^<)

archbrix said:

1. I really don't know; haven't been paying much attention to Pokemon's sales but I certainly hope you win just because of whom it's against.

2. Good chance of winning here but it really depends on how much PS4's sales slow down after the holidays. WiiU should at least outsell XB1 in 2014 but with PS4 it'll be the battle of massive 3rd party support vs system selling exclusives and a cheaper price.

3. Definitely a win.

4. Nah, you'll lose this one. No new console Zelda has ever been formally revealed and launched in the same year. Maybe Majora - I can't remember, but that was built off of an existing engine anyway. Zelda U is the most massive undertaking Nintendo has ever done and when you factor in Nintendo's slow transition to HD and the fact that it's pretty much a prerequisite for a new console Zelda to be delayed at least once, Zelda U launching in 2014 just ain't in the cards.

1. X/Y is already halfway there!

2. Yeah it's always about them third partys! I really don't see them turning a blind eye to the +160m install base between PS360 just yet thankfully, so the next CoD, Madden, Ass Creed, etc. should still be cross-gen, hindering their system selling ability on PS4.

3. I'm pretty confident in this one aswell but you never know with Nintendelay. =L

4. Hey, first time for everything, including the first time a Zelda game doesn't get delayed and releases in the same year of it's unveiling! They were about to unveil it last E3, so they must be pretty well on their way with it, and if what I said earlier about them pulling devs from other teams is true, then a 2014 release is definitely in the cards! Apparently Iwata himself said that's when he wants the game released, and considering the current state of the Wii U, they must know it has to happen.

Around the Network
F0X said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
F0X said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
F0X said:

Seems legit.

Except for Bayo 2 being out in March.

Why can't it be out in March?

Too soon. We've one demo of one stage in the game. Not much footage of anything else, either. Makes me doubt that it'll be finished the the next three months or so.

Well I don't remember knowing or seeing much about W101 until just months before it's release, so I was thinking a similar thing would happen here. Then again I wasn't really paying much attention to video game stuff until late 2012 so idk.

The Wonderful 101 was shown at E3 2012 under the working title "Project P-100".

Aha see! Bayonetta 2 already has an official name! xD

Einsam_Delphin said:
F0X said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Well I don't remember knowing or seeing much about W101 until just months before it's release, so I was thinking a similar thing would happen here. Then again I wasn't really paying much attention to video game stuff until late 2012 so idk.

You must be joking. What else would they name Bayonetta 2?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

You have a gambling problem. Everybody sees it. Why can't you? It's tearing this family apart.

F0X said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
F0X said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

You must be joking. What else would they name Bayonetta 2?

Of course I am, hence the "xD"

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
You have a gambling problem. Everybody sees it. Why can't you? It's tearing this family apart.

Hrms, you must be referencing something, but what?

Einsam_Delphin said:
archbrix said:

4. Nah, you'll lose this one. No new console Zelda has ever been formally revealed and launched in the same year. Maybe Majora - I can't remember, but that was built off of an existing engine anyway. Zelda U is the most massive undertaking Nintendo has ever done and when you factor in Nintendo's slow transition to HD and the fact that it's pretty much a prerequisite for a new console Zelda to be delayed at least once, Zelda U launching in 2014 just ain't in the cards.

4. Hey, first time for everything, including the first time a Zelda game doesn't get delayed and releases in the same year of it's unveiling! They were about to unveil it last E3, so they must be pretty well on their way with it, and if what I said earlier about them pulling devs from other teams is true, then a 2014 release is definitely in the cards! Apparently Iwata himself said that's when he wants the game released, and considering the current state of the Wii U, they must know it has to happen.

I disagree.  I don't see it happening regardless of whether Iwata would like it to or not. 

Although both the N64 and Gamecube received their respective Zelda games two years after each console launched, Zelda U will be the biggest Zelda game ever made regarding development time.  It's far more likely to arrive 3 years after launch this time rather than be the first one ever to see a release the same year of its official unveiling.

archbrix said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
archbrix said:

I disagree.  I don't see it happening regardless of whether Iwata would like it to or not. 

Although both the N64 and Gamecube received their respective Zelda games two years after each console launched, Zelda U will be the biggest Zelda game ever made regarding development time.  It's far more likely to arrive 3 years after launch this time rather than be the first one ever to see a release the same year of its official unveiling.

However it'll also be the biggest game ever made regarding development team size. But anywho I'm simply explaining the reasonings behind my predictions. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything since no matter we say and think we'll have to wait and see what the actual results will be, hence the bets!

I'll never bet my avatar again, I miss my jill sandwich avatar...

Btw you will probably lose the second and fourth bet. Zelda for 2014 would be awesome but very unlikely :/

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
I'll never bet my avatar again, I miss my jill sandwich avatar...

Btw you will probably lose the second and fourth bet. Zelda for 2014 would be awesome but very unlikely :/

Seems pretty likely to me, hence the bet, but yeah the second one isn't looking too hot right now, though you have to remember that these current sales don't mean anything for the bet right now.

And lol I figured you lost a bet!