By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft giving free game download codes to owners of faulty Xbox One units

So, apprently, the people who had xbox one with faulty disc drives are getting a free download code for $59.99 games: List includes Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse.  

I guess that's pretty cool. 

Had I known that microsoft would be giving away full games for this, I'd gladly have been happy to receive a faulty unit.  :p

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-giving-free-game-download-codes-to-owners-of-faulty-xbox-one-units

Around the Network

I know this is a little different then the topic but does anyone on here have an Xbox 360 from the first 2 years that is actually in great working condition, or atleast plays games. I will give Microsoft some credit for giving out a free game to those that were affected because they are already selling the console at a loss, but I worry for all of you other launch console buyers. There were alot of 360 games I liked but the console itself was a piece of junk. I have the Halo 4 console now but I have little doubt that it will die on me within 2 years. After it goes I'm done with them. I would really like to know one day how many of those 80 million consoles sold were replacements.

Sweet! That's really cool for people who got faulty Xbox Ones.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

superhippy420 said:
I know this is a little different then the topic but does anyone on here have an Xbox 360 from the first 2 years that is actually in great working condition, or atleast plays games. I will give Microsoft some credit for giving out a free game to those that were affected because they are already selling the console at a loss, but I worry for all of you other launch console buyers. There were alot of 360 games I liked but the console itself was a piece of junk. I have the Halo 4 console now but I have little doubt that it will die on me within 2 years. After it goes I'm done with them. I would really like to know one day how many of those 80 million consoles sold were replacements.

You think anyone on this website knows that number? Only MS knows and they aren't ever going to tell anybody. 

superhippy420 said:

I know this is going to be a surprise but I do have a 360 that I got back in 06 and it still works perfectly. Yeah it got rrod once but it was fixed and I never had a problem with it after that.

Around the Network

while i hope mine is in perfect condition i wont feel as bad if it isnt anymore lol

NobleTeam360 said:
superhippy420 said:

You think anyone on this website knows that number? Only MS knows and they aren't ever going to tell anybody. 

LMAO, I know that but I know I would'nt be the only one that would like to know the number.  The whole console wars last gen really rubbed me the wrong way for this reason.  I know some people upgraded their PS3's but most of the original ones work just fine.  It blows my mind that a company can make such a crappy product, and tons of people just choose to ignore it when making their next purchase.  For the record I only have a Wii U and 360 right now, but am leaning towards getting a PS4.  The PC route is tempting too but I have never been that great with computers.

techhunter80 said:

superhippy420 said:

I know this is going to be a surprise but I do have a 360 that I got back in 06 and it still works perfectly. Yeah it got rrod once but it was fixed and I never had a problem with it after that.

That's pretty cool actually.   I figured some would still work alright but it just seems wrong to me that you have to be lucky to end up in the situation.

superhippy420 said:

techhunter80 said:

superhippy420 said:

That's pretty cool actually.   I figured some would still work alright but it just seems wrong to me that you have to be lucky to end up in the situation.

Hey I completely agree with you, microsoft should had done some work on the 360 before releasing it to the public. But hopefully the Xbone's failure rate won't be any where near the 360's.

superhippy420 said:

Well, honestly, I don't doubt microsoft's ability to build reliable hardware anymore.

With the 360, they rushed and it was pretty much one of their first major moves into the hardware business at a point when they were primarilyt a software company.  

Since then, microsoft has had numerous opportunities to work and improve on hardware design, ranging from improving 360's models, zune players, surface, etc.  And I'm pretty sure that the 2 billion dollar loss they took over the rrod mess pretty much kicked them in the balls for creating the best hardware they can make for their future products.  No investor or any company would like to see such losses play out again.