By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft giving free game download codes to owners of faulty Xbox One units

Do they actually replace the faulty unit aswell? If they do its cool. If they dont i dont see whats good about this.

Around the Network
superhippy420 said:
I know this is a little different then the topic but does anyone on here have an Xbox 360 from the first 2 years that is actually in great working condition, or atleast plays games. I will give Microsoft some credit for giving out a free game to those that were affected because they are already selling the console at a loss, but I worry for all of you other launch console buyers. There were alot of 360 games I liked but the console itself was a piece of junk. I have the Halo 4 console now but I have little doubt that it will die on me within 2 years. After it goes I'm done with them. I would really like to know one day how many of those 80 million consoles sold were replacements.

I have one from 2007. It's a 20GB sytem and works just fine. Of course, that might be because I only play games that are installed, but still.

Nem said:

Do they actually replace the faulty unit aswell? If they do its cool. If they dont i dont see whats good about this.

of course they do.

pre-loaded warranty covers it.  

superhippy420 said:
I know this is a little different then the topic but does anyone on here have an Xbox 360 from the first 2 years that is actually in great working condition, or atleast plays games. I will give Microsoft some credit for giving out a free game to those that were affected because they are already selling the console at a loss, but I worry for all of you other launch console buyers. There were alot of 360 games I liked but the console itself was a piece of junk. I have the Halo 4 console now but I have little doubt that it will die on me within 2 years. After it goes I'm done with them. I would really like to know one day how many of those 80 million consoles sold were replacements.

Microsoft claim that the majority were sent in and fixed. So very little on the grand scale of things would have been rebought new. Also Microsoft said they didnt include refurbed 360's in their sales numbers.

This free games for a console with a really strong start for build quality is fantastic from a company. Xbox One looks to have less failiures than PS4 and yet Microsoft are really trying to look after the consumer this time.

Great to see.