By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will GT6 sell more than GT5 (2010 sales only) by year end?

GT6 is launching on Dec 6th and many thought it was a bad idea to be launching on the PS3 and that too right after next gen..however GT6 looks to be gaining a lot of hype and preorders over the past few weeks. So the real question is can it sell over GT5's first year sales? (5.2 million in 6 weeks according to VGC) however GT5 had 6 weeks and GT6 only has 4 therefore its going to have to have a much bigger launch week than GT5 if its going to sell that well and it will be much more challenging due to the heavy competition of next gen titles.

Around the Network

No one posted?

depends.. while I personally have nothing against the microtransactions in a game.. we should give a signal that we won't buy the game if they are being misused in GT6.. So if it has bad micro transactions its not gonna sell more.. if it's ok I think it has a shot..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Won't sell half of gt6.

The hype for gt6 is so "huge" that noone is posting.

Many reasons.
Many many AAA titles are/have been released the past month.BF ,Cod,AC,Forza,Killzone,gta,Mario

Two new consoles are released.
People either have not the time nor the money are are saving/waiting for next gen.

Am I the only one who thinks that GT6 will sell more or at least the same?

The PS3 now has a much larger base than 2010, this is a big factor in sales.

Also, with the lackluster racing games (forza and NFS) I think GT6 will shine through and do really well.

Around the Network

Yes... bigger user base.

Even though it's going to be a better game the hype isn't there. So I think it's not... But for me is already a must buy!

It's possible, but it's going to be really hard. I for one won't be buyying it on launch, ill just pick it used sometime later, because i was somewhat dissapointed with gt5

Nope, Very little hype, and it will be squashed between PS4/Xbone

6.8m lt

it was a huge mistake to miss black friday imo. but it will open with bigger numbers.