By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sin City a dame to kill for & TMNT & Guardians of the Galaxy - your thoughts and reviews and etc. "Official 3D Movies of 2K14" (Trailers in the 4th & 5th OP & List in 1st OP)

What is your favorite Comic-Book Movie of 2014?

I, Frankenstein 3D 111 29.06%

300: Rise of an Empire 3D 7 1.83%

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier 3D 35 9.16%

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D 30 7.85%

X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D 62 16.23%

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D 48 12.57%

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D 5 1.31%

Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill for 3D 9 2.36%

Big Hero 6 3D 2 0.52%

see results. 46 12.04%

Total:355

Where can I find out when these are getting released on blu-ray?

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

The Legend of Hercules has recently released on 3D Blu-Ray.

Nurse (3D) is also out.

Not sure about The Nut Job.

Any other Blu-Ray of these movies has not been released yet. With the exception of localize movies anyways.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Check this link once in a while, I guess once a month:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Blu-ray_3D_releases

I've updated the 2nd OP by adding images for "Postman Pat: the Movie".

If you've seen; "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", then please post.

Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 3D !!!

Around the Network

Watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last night with a group of people and we all fckin loved it!! My fav Marvel movie to date hands down.

V-r0cK said:
Watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last night with a group of people and we all fckin loved it!! My fav Marvel movie to date hands down.

Did you do a group ticket deal?

And did you see it in 2D or 3D or Digital 3D or Real D 3D or IMAX 3D or Premium Large Format 3D?

The Amazing Spider-Man 4 & up; will be done by Disney, and therefore include "Disney Digital 3D" as an additional option in theaters.

Kaizar said:
V-r0cK said:

And did you see it in 2D or 3D or Digital 3D or Real D 3D or IMAX 3D or Premium Large Format 3D?

The Amazing Spider-Man 4 & up; will be done by Disney, and therefore include "Disney Digital 3D" as an additional option in theaters.

My friend works at the theatre so we had a pretty good deal lol

I watched it in IMAX 3D which was the best thing they had there, but honestly I didn't think much of the 3D as if I almost felt like I was watching in 2D.  Not saying the 3D was bad but just 3D itself in general doesn't really wow me anymore.  Or possibly I was very much into the movie itself that I forgot I was watching it in 3D.

What's Disney Digital 3D? Never heard.  How's it compare to IMAX 3D?

V-r0cK said:
Kaizar said:
V-r0cK said:

My friend works at the theatre so we had a pretty good deal lol

I watched it in IMAX 3D which was the best thing they had there, but honestly I didn't think much of the 3D as if I almost felt like I was watching in 2D.  Not saying the 3D was bad but just 3D itself in general doesn't really wow me anymore.  Or possibly I was very much into the movie itself that I forgot I was watching it in 3D.

What's Disney Digital 3D? Never heard.  How's it compare to IMAX 3D?

Disney Digital 3D always comes with Dolby Atmos Surround Sound, and the intro to both Disney Digital 3D & Dolby Atmos is pretty sweet, especially for Disney Digital 3D intro. They use to have their own 3D glasses, but now they use Real D 3D glasses. Anyways, if you see Disney Digital 3D it looks the same as any other movie that uses 4K Digital 3D projectors with perfect alignment.

I read another person's review of the Lego Movie 3D, and they diffintely had a different experience with the color, and also during one scene for how Will Ferrell's forehead looked like. The difference between the 2 experiences, is that the other user had well collaborated 2K projectors, but not very well calibrated, while I had 4 K projectors' plus also, I think the other users experience might have also been affected by not perfectly enough align cameras, and maybe the Real D glasses need to be replace once in a while.

Most IMAX cinema rooms have 2K projectors, but should all be replace with 4K projectors by the end of this year, or during 2015.

I liked the 3D in the first 3D Spider-Man movie.

Anyways, I going to see it in "Premium Large Format" 3D, so that way I'm guaranteed 4K projectors, at least at the theater I go to.

I hope my experience comes out better then yours for 3D. Plus the odds are with me, but I still won't know until I experience the movie in Rave XTREME 3D.

If you've seen "The Protector 2", then please post.

Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 3D !!!