By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to drop the bomb 7/12-2013 ?

justiceiro said:
Th3PANO said:
justiceiro said:
Still not believing that they will be there.

It's already confirmed.....

If you are talking about the talk on spike tv where reggie say that MAYBE they will be there, MAYBE they bring something, that they WILL see, this it's not a confirmation at all.

The only thing that bugs me is that all of you take that for garante, and when they not show up, with hell with nintendo, the liar, etc, etc, etc. And say that nintendo has dissapointed again. Its not their fault that everybody made thing up about what they will/should be doing. IF nintendo shows up, cool, if not, thats ok too, and you all should areadly be prepared. With nintendo, never expect something, and they will aways surpass all your expectations.

On Twitter Geoff Keighley said that Reggie will be there. Reggie wouldn't mention it if he wouldn't be there....seriously.....

Around the Network

FromDK, can you say where you read about this:

"2. They have hinted that the wiiu has a final secret

3. They always said that HD not was next step"

On topic: If there`s an announcement like this one coming, they would save this megaton for E3.

I doubt Nintendo wants to do the whole VR thing again as their first attempt at it was a design, financial and overall business failure.

This would sound awesome and all but Nintendo is all about losing as least amount of money as possible making video game hardware and this just sounds like it's gonna be expensive (for Nintendo to make and for the consumer to purchase). Even if they can profit off the hardware for making this, THEN Nintendo would have to put resources into making games that SUPPORT this ONE piece of hardware. That's even more money gone down the drain.

Even then if Nintendo had plenty of resources to put towards developing games for the hardware, they'd still have to pitch the idea to EVERYONE ELSE (mainly third parties) and with games already costing millions to properly develop, advertise and manufacture; having developers put even MORE money into something that has the potential to fail or at least not catch on is already a huge no in itself.

This isn't going to happen for a number of reasons. Maybe the announcement will be info on a game or new WiiU feature. Maybe even a new peripheral but hopefully nowhere near as drastic as VR again.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Pillow said:
VR won't see the light of the day before at least next-gen, so in 5 years+ Look at Oculus... it shows how much we still need to improve on that technology to make it worthwhile.

Also, Nintendo, while they did innovate and change the industry by risking a lot (DS, Wii) I don't believe they have had enough time to develop something as advanced as a ''VR''.

Gamers aren't ready yet and I could only see them release such a thing when the industry is bored playing games on their HD tv...
or perhaps they could do another risky surprise, in which case would benefit from a large scale event such as E3, not VGX...

VR are comming next year from Bungi, Valve and Oculos.. on top of that sony said 6 month ago that they also had ps VR plans, and MS have also spookt about it and  Google glasses (AR but still) are already made.. It's not the point if it will come anymore.. becurse it's here.. :)

You should read the OP.. The hole point is that they allready have the tec.. The wii-u can stream (in perfect realtime) to a gyro controlled display, with speakers and mic running on battery.. thats wath they need.. so they only have to remove buttons and make headversion

Last.. games a not a problem.. not that much code, to see in a game from first person (and let the head mowment be contrelled by motion+ insted of analog) and zelda HD came prepered.. you can play the hole game in it

I hope it's something to get people to start buying the Wii U.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:

On topic: If there`s an announcement like this one coming, they would save this megaton for E3.

I had always waitet for VR.. looked for sign.. so when i saw wii..  i could see that we was getting there.. and with wii-u all the tec was there.

2. I could find it.. but the point was that we have not seen the full picture of wii-u, and that there are more. (also the statement from iwata in the op)

3. They said it from 2010 to just before wii-u.. all tree :)

4. The time is perfect with the other to consoles out now.. they could kill there momentum.. and mayby they think of bundle it with Mariokart (seperately for normal tv and pad play to offcourse)

They could wait for e3.. but like i said.. there are others on the way to.. at e3. there will be at least 3 VR set out.. why wait and let them take the glory if Nintendo have worked on it the last.. lets say 18 years.. :)

Made this video 2 years ago to explain it to my brother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_495442&feature=iv&src_vid=MvoxgRl3-bQ&v=lnDWWq9o9R0

Oh, ok, now i saw the tweet.

So, i'm changing my mind and going with pokken figthers. They areadly showed a tease, and nothing since than. In spike they mentioned that nfc technology was not put to a good use, and they would change that. Some rewind in that trailer also appointed there was some card like the one in TGC.

So, trade card games, with grind looking graphics like the ones we saw in the tease, with the franchise that got their new apice in 2013, that sell well all over the world, its just make sense.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

FromDK said:
DélioPT said:

I had always waitet for VR.. looked for sign.. so when i saw wii..  i could see that we was getting there.. and with wii-u all the tec was there.

2. I could find it.. but the point was that we have not seen the full picture of wii-u, and that there are more. (also the statement from iwata in the op)

3. They said it from 2010 to just before wii-u.. all tree :)

4. The time is perfect with the other to consoles out now.. they could kill there momentum.. and mayby they think of bundle it with Mariokart (seperately for normal tv and pad play to offcourse)

They could wait for e3.. but like i said.. there are others on the way to.. at e3. there will be at least 3 VR set out.. why wait and let them take the glory if Nintendo have worked on it the last.. lets say 18 years.. :)

Made this video 2 years ago to explain it to my brother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_495442&feature=iv&src_vid=MvoxgRl3-bQ&v=lnDWWq9o9R0

I actually saw that video a long time ago! Just never remembered.  :D

I found an article talking about the 9 million goal and how Iwata didn`t change it. The writer also believed that there`s got to be something else coming as it wouldn`t make sense to see Wii U barely selling and not changing the sales forecast.
Well, i too agree that it`s strange to not change the forecast given Wii U`s current sales. And it`s not like Iwata hasn`t done that in the past, too.
Could this be the reason for it? If the price is too high, then, no. Nintendo is not the type of company that releases expensive products/accessories.
Could this happen? Probably. I just think it`s too soon. Wii U has only been a year in the market. This could serve better as a sales boost more down the line - where the price will be a lot cheaper.

DélioPT said:

To be honest, I'm starting to think VGX is bigger than E3. Which of the two events actually draws more actual regular consumers? 

E3 is an industry event primarily. 

VGX has celebrities, musical performances, and very probably a larger audience as it's an actual prime time television show. 

If Nintendo wants to unveil say a Zelda trailer and get the maximum viewership for it, IMO VGX > E3 > Nintendo Direct. 

Soundwave said:
DélioPT said:

To be honest, I'm starting to think VGX is bigger than E3. Which of the two events actually draws more actual regular consumers? 

E3 is an industry event primarily. 

VGX has celebrities, musical performances, and very probably a larger audience as it's an actual prime time television show. 

If Nintendo wants to unveil say a Zelda trailer and get the maximum viewership for it, IMO VGX > E3 > Nintendo Direct. 

His post actually got me thinking.
Honestly, i have no idea who has the most views or biggest exposure, but i realised that it´s viewers are basically the non-Nintendo crowd. And if there`s an announcement that is specifically aimed at that crowd, it`s a better venue than a ND, that`s for sure.

If there`s more audience there, than at E3... then, why not?

The only difference that i see is media exposure. Maybe there`s more of that at E3. But if Nintendo just teases something to be unveiled at E3, it could work!