By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that Persona 5 was announced for winter 2014 in Japan, will the PS3 be able to outsell the Wii in Japan?

Tagged games:

I dont think so. Maybe if PS3 got some akward pricecut + bundles in Japan, it will finish with 11m max.

Around the Network

I wanna say yes just to be different but I cant see it happening :P

No, this is not Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy.

No but it will sell more software.

tiffac said:

But Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy. One of them just released on PS3 and another is due out soon =P

theres also plenty other games that can push some PS3 sales coming out but I doubt its enough to catch Wii

Around the Network

Japan will be the only region Wii will hold on in. By the end of the 7th gen (no the beginning of one doesn't end the previous just like your parents don't die when you're born) I think PS3 will beat it in Europe and World Wide but 360 will have NA and Wii will have Japan.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

No, home consoles don't have sustainability in Japan anymore (did they ever? Would have to research.)

PS3 sales this year will amount to 800k, down from 1.2m last year. With PS4 out now and PS3 naturally declining anyway, it'll probably average 10k a week next year, 500k. Bringing it to 10.2m end of 2014. Still a massive 2.5m off.

It isn't even gonna be close, Wii has this on lock.

Nah. I'd be impressed if it even came within 1m of the Wii.

Had FFXV remained on the PS3 it may have gotten closer but as it stands it will most likely fall about 1.5 million short of the Wii which is still a decent comeback. It should thouroughly outsell the Wii in Europe however and may overtake it there during this holiday season.

ktay95 said:
tiffac said:

But Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy. One of them just released on PS3 and another is due out soon =P

theres also plenty other games that can push some PS3 sales coming out but I doubt its enough to catch Wii

Oh yeah the one with the augmented boobs err... The other one is a port though with features the Japanese already has, so not sure if that will push any.