By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What JRPG has the best story?

Trails in the Sky has an amazing story.

Obviously the "best" story differs from person to person based on their own preferences though. Like I haven't gotten to play Xenogears yet but another game that I played changed my life, it's called The World Ends With You, but I doubt most people feel the same way XD

Around the Network

I agree. Xenogears has the best story in any Jrpg AND video game for me. Chrono Cross in a close second place.

All the choices in this thread are really good choices. I liked Persona 4 Golden's story and characters the most.

Chrono trigger is the best story for me. Ni no Kuni is also very good

golden sun/ golden sun the lost age

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
LOST ODYSSEY, a pure masterpiece from beginning to end.

This.

Ni No Kuni

Blood_Tears said:
Ni No Kuni

You're kidding, right?

Ni No Kuni has a lot of qualities, but its story isn't really one. It's ok, and it gets the job done. But nothing special. 

@OP: For me, it would be Final Fantasy VI, Lost Odyssey, or Suikoden 2. Can't decide between the 3 of them.

gergroy said:
Of all time? Suikoden 2, by far!

^ This!

pokoko said:
I'm gonna go with Suikoden II. 

The story is dark and troubling, partially because it has one of the best villains ever in Luca Blight, but mostly because it takes two best friends and throws them at one another. When their village is invaded and burned to the ground, the two friends are separated. They each end up in separate places and they each rise to power in different ways. The war and the tragedy has changed them both and made them into enemies with different perspectives and philosophies. They cannot go back but going forward means going through the other.

Damn it, that was a great game.

^Well said!

Final Fantasy 10

Well I haven't really played that many RPGs, but of the games I have played, FFX is definitely the best. I love how the plot throws you into another world that not even the main character is familiar with. This left a lot of room for mystery and so it made the world very interesting and immersive.