By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 5 announced for PS3, releases Winter 2014

I love the golden years of Sony consoles. The support is amazing! This is why I can't pick up PS4 till next year with Tales of symphonia chronicles, Xillia 2, FFX/X-2, FFXIII Lightning returns, Ar No Surge and more probably from NISA. Now with P5 2014 is the year of the PS3 jrpg for sure!

Around the Network

....No Wii U PS4 or Xbox One.....well Xbox One I can understand but what the f**k!?

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Blood_Tears said:
I love the golden years of Sony consoles. The support is amazing! This is why I can't pick up PS4 till next year with Tales of symphonia chronicles, Xillia 2, FFX/X-2, FFXIII Lightning returns, Ar No Surge and more probably from NISA. Now with P5 2014 is the year of the PS3 jrpg for sure!

you forgot Drakengaurd 3 

Suke said:
....No Wii U PS4 or Xbox One.....well Xbox One I can understand but what the f**k!?

And why would it release for the Wii U?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

day 1

Around the Network

Because Nintendo is still a huge name in Japan, giving the Persona franchise to spread to a bigger audience. Maybe, if the Wii U sells better next year, they'll port it to the Wii U.  Plus, why no PS4 version? :(

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Glad to see the PS3 going strong into 2014. I thinking of delaying my PS4 purchase to pick up all these games...

eFKac said:

Lol that was fast

And that PS3 is quite beautiful *_* nice catch!

Thanks. I had been eyeing it already while checking out Vitas, but P5 pushed me over the edge back to a PS3. They also had the Ni no Kuni special edition PS3 and this one for the same price, but I like the Tales design much better than the gold Ni no Kuni one. It was only 3000 yen (about $30) more than a standard black/white 160gb slim PS3 they were selling, plus it came with the game as well to offset the price difference. Plus my girlfriend is a Tales fan...

@Blood_Tears: Thanks. Luckily in Japan it's not too hard to find used custom consoles.

I just tried out the included PSN code with the game (Xilia costume dlc and a PS3 Xilia theme) and the code still worked! Very nice, I thought the original owner would have used it. The PSN store looks really different now...It's been a long time since I've been on it with a PS3.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

the_dengle said:
Surprised it's not on 360 as well.

Why would you be surprised? Japanese games sell TERRIBLE on 360. There would be zero reason to publish on that console. Check out Persona 4 Arena sales on the 360 vs the PS3 version.

smbu2000 said:
eFKac said:

Lol that was fast

And that PS3 is quite beautiful *_* nice catch!

Thanks. I had been eyeing it already while checking out Vitas, but P5 pushed me over the edge back to a PS3. They also had the Ni no Kuni special edition PS3 and this one for the same price, but I like the Tales design much better than the gold Ni no Kuni onad  It was only 3000 yen (about $30) more than a standard black/white 160gb slim PS3 they were selling, plus it came with the game as well to offset the price difference. Plus my girlfriend is a Tales fan...

@Blood_Tears: Thanks. Luckily in Japan it's not too hard to find used custom consoles.

I just tried out the included PSN code with the game (Xilia costume dlc and a PS3 Xilia theme) and the code still worked! Very nice, I thought the original owner would have used it. The PSN store looks really different now...It's been a long time since I've been on it with a PS3.

Woah, woah, woah! Wait a moment! My mind might have just blown right here!

You live in Japan/are Japanese and play on the 360, not owned PS3?! WTF 0_o

It was a bit fishy that you had a limited edition PS3, and I did not remember such version in US, but I thought that maybe by some chance there was a small batch there and you got lucky. Wow. That Japan part was really unexpected

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!