By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Wii maintain sales pace

@ vaio... u are a waste man... at least argue with a fair and balanced arguement instead of chatting out of your ass...

lemme show you how to argue... I believe that Arsenal FC (my footy club) will beat AC Milan in the home leg of our champions league tie, as you may be without 3 first team players- Pato, Kaka, Ronaldo. Your attacking edge will be damaged with these 3 key goal scoring players missing. Also AC milan, have been doing poorly in the Serie A, (they aren't in a Champions League spot yet) and even though they were recently crowned world club champions, they cannot even beat the champions of italy (inter milan)...

now do u get the idea...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Probably closer to 400-450 for the short term... 1.8 * 12 / 52 = 415K

but if you consider the entire year and they up production, especially for Christmas season, it may average over 500k.

Guys, vaio was joking. But the joke's getting very old and tired.

I think vaio was being sarcastic, considering he owns a wii himself. (his game lineup)

Also @ Crashman

HELL YES HOMIE! NINTENDO WILL BECOME THE RICHEST COMPANY EVER INVOLVED WITH VIDEOGAMING EVER!!!! (beat Sony's previous record of 1.2 billion in a month or something.) This will only occur if production is uppered!!!

But remember, they shouldn't upper production to muchor there will be 30 billion Wiis and only 22 of them sold! (like what happened with the cube because of overproduction.) They should do little bumps to production every 2 months.

March-2 million

May= 2.2 million

July- 2.5 million

And so on!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Ishy said:
@ vaio... u are a waste man... at least argue with a fair and balanced arguement instead of chatting out of your ass...

lemme show you how to argue... I believe that Arsenal FC (my footy club) will beat AC Milan in the home leg of our champions league tie, as you may be without 3 first team players- Pato, Kaka, Ronaldo. Your attacking edge will be damaged with these 3 key goal scoring players missing. Also AC milan, have been doing poorly in the Serie A, (they aren't in a Champions League spot yet) and even though they were recently crowned world club champions, they cannot even beat the champions of italy (inter milan)...

now do u get the idea...

I was so sarcastic I ever could be.

You want to discuss Milan?

No problem we could go for ever and discuss your delusional though that Arsenal would ever beat Milan :)

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to start producing more Wiis.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I think 350k - 450k every week this year except week of big releases.

kingofwale said:
I think it will maintain more of a 400-350K per week, until big releases. then it takes off like crazy.

But all this is pointless if Nintendo can't produce 2 million units per months like they PROMISED over 1 years ago.

Unless you can provide some sort of proof of a public statement by an Official Nintendo Spokeperson on or before Feb 13th of 2007 I'm calling BS on this.

@TheSource, 

You went the same place I was heading. The holiday season brings up the average immensely and it seems like people blissfully ignore this and keep thinking "OMG its only meeting the same average as last year!"....with that said there is no gaurantee that the Wii will have a better year this year (although It does seem likely).

@crashman,

How do you get 40m Wiis at 500k per week? With 5 weeks worth of sales data up right now there are 47 weeks remaining and at an average of 500k those 47 weeks would be 23.5m added to the current ~21.5m which is ~45m. Were you just aproximating or rounding or using a different calculation method? Elaborate please.

@PSaiki,

A price drop can't help you sell what you don't have. Or to put it bluntly they don't have enough Wiis to sell at $250 so why should they drop the price? It will probably be 3-6 months after the Wii stops selling out before we will see them (A) drop price -OR- (B) Introduce Colors. Potentially they could do both at once but I doubt it.

To Each Man, Responsibility

It's impossible to predict at this point. But given sales trends, whatever week the Wii does worst during March will likely be the lowest point it'll dip this year (March is all but universally the weakest month for consoles, which is probably why Brawl is scheduled for a March release). It can only go up from there. And given production increase has already been assured after the fiscal year's end, we should see the per-week numbers rise. By how much is debatable. On the off chance that they do meet the demand point in any region, they can just price-drop and boost demand again.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

kingofwale said:
I think it will maintain more of a 400-350K per week, until big releases. then it takes off like crazy.

But all this is pointless if Nintendo can't produce 2 million units per months like they PROMISED over 1 years ago.

Was that the same time they PROMISED, over 1 years ago, to ask you to fold their production schedule five ways and then find some place to hide it where the sun doesn't shine? You know, just asking.