By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - An Unbiased Review: Killer Instinct (Video Review)

RolStoppable said:
Wait, how can you be reliably aware of the balance of a fighting game after only a couple of days of playing it? Nevermind the fact that it is still a largely incomplete game.

Also, a video review? Getting scared of the competition from "a biased review", huh?

Because he's unbiased, silly. That allows him to use his personal judgement to objectively evaluate the game's balance.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Akvod said:

... Wow.

Did you just fucking take IGN's footage and put your voice over it?

You do know that the Xbox One has the nifty ability to record gameplay video, right?

It has some IGN "gameplay" footage yes.  Wasn't able to put together a video using XBO.  Not sure how to do it yet and I didn't have my capture card plugged in.  Thanks for being rude as usual akvod xD

Aren't you able to download it to your PC? Every PC comes with Window Movie Maker I think. And if you can afford a capture card, surely you can afford Adobe Premiere or whatever video editing software all the pros use.

RolStoppable said:
Wait, how can you be reliably aware of the balance of a fighting game after only a couple of days of playing it? Nevermind the fact that it is still a largely incomplete game.

Also, a video review? Getting scared of the competition from "a biased review", huh?

You went and gave A Link Between Worlds a 8.6.  You should be fired.

Akvod said:

Aren't you able to download it to your PC? Every PC comes with Window Movie Maker I think. And if you can afford a capture card, surely you can afford Adobe Premiere or whatever video editing software all the pros use.

I was using Sony Vegas.  And as I said Im not sure how to use the DVR feature yet.  I did record a lot by saving clips but when it came down to it I couldnt figure out how to upload them.  Overall the DVR function isn't doing me much justice with only 30 second clips either.  I'll most likely have to invest in a new capture card at some point.  My current Capture card is using component cables so it is uncompatable with XBO.

If you notice it isnt the most amazing quality either,

lack of content,of charckters and modes and graphics aren't great
but still an 85%.

Wonder how high the score will be after charackters and modes and beautifull stages are added.
a 115% minimun rating i suggest.

Also wonder how much charackters,modes,graphics and additional content other beatemups are delievering without getting 80%.

if this is an unbiased review than i don't want to see an biased reviewe

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
How competitive it is? For the EVO standards for example... the first KI was not good at this point.... this one is better?

This game is definitely evo standards and the amount of combo breaks it allows if implemented correctly is astounding.  The lack of content sucks though. Heres waiting for season two.

JayWood2010 said:
Akvod said:

I was using Sony Vegas.  And as I said Im not sure how to use the DVR feature yet.  I did record a lot by saving clips but when it came down to it I couldnt figure out how to upload them.  Overall the DVR function isn't doing me much justice with only 30 second clips either.  I'll most likely have to invest in a new capture card at some point.  My current Capture card is using component cables so it is uncompatable with XBO.

If you notice it isnt the most amazing quality either,

I thought you could record up to five minutes.

If I was going to buy a capture card, I would look into this one: http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/game_capture/game_capture_hd_2

RolStoppable said:
Wright said:

You went and gave A Link Between Worlds a 8.6.  You should be fired.

Sorry to break it to you, Xbot, but that game is better than Killer Instinct.

You're not as clever as I thought. What I meant is obviously the worst Zelda game in ages - no Navi, no Fi, clever puzzles, great dungeons and superb gameplay/enjoyement relation, and on top of that the best 3DS limited-edition so far - didn't deserve a 8.6.

Great review. I am definitey waiting for season two.

Akvod said:
JayWood2010 said:

I thought you could record up to five minutes.

If I was going to buy a capture card, I would look into this one: http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/game_capture/game_capture_hd_2

I did see that it had a 5 minute record feature but Im not sure how it works yet as I havent tried it yet.  What I was doing was just telling xbox to record that clip for a long time(Which is 30 seconds).  After a while i got tired of saying it so I stopped lol