By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

Badassbab said:
Any reason you picked the worst screenshots for the game?

You mean like the threads in the past that they posted a lot of 2D trees to say FM was better? Maybe retaliation?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Aerys said:
Fanboys...

You sir are no saint.

I would like to hear xbox fan's honest take on the downgrade, isn't forza 5 supposed to show off what x1 is capable of? 1080p 60fps while rendering "next gen" graphical assets? Why the deep downgrade from E3?

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

allblue said:
Nsanity said:
Aerys said:
Fanboys...

You sir are no saint.

I would like to hear xbox fan's honest take on the downgrade, isn't forza 5 supposed to show off what x1 is capable of? 1080p 60fps while rendering "next gen" graphical assets? Why the deep downgrade from E3?

You maybe should ask someone who owns the actual system and has played the game.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

this game being a simulator revolves around handling and control and ai is being judged on graphical facts like aa

same like putting civ:rev up there =total nonsense, it looking nice is a benefit not the goal

The point is, forza was touted as having next generation look and feel, xbox fans keeps gloating about how it blows the competition out of the water on visuals etc. Supposedly, it showcases what x1 is capable of, 1080p 60fps and next generation visuals, then comes the deep downgrade from what was promised at E3.

I don't see what's so "ambitious" about a console that has been constantly downgrading on its intial promises. Give me an honest take why that keeps happening.  

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Should've been held back to next spring so they could at the very least put more content into it rather than requiring you to purchase it separately or cutting it out altogether.

The other problem is there's been too many Forza games lately... Forza should not be a bi-annual series, and Forza Horizon was just unnecessary.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

this game being a simulator revolves around handling and control and ai is being judged on graphical facts like aa

same like putting civ:rev up there =total nonsense, it looking nice is a benefit not the goal

The point is, forza was touted as having next generation look and feel, xbox fans keeps gloating about how it blows the competition out of the water on visuals etc. Supposedly, it showcases what x1 is capable of, 1080p 60fps and next generation visuals, then comes the deep downgrade from what was promised at E3.

I don't see what's so "ambitious" about a console that has been constantly downgrading on its intial promises. Give me an honest take why that keeps happening.  

Well when you can't prove a point you change subject.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

This is nothing new.  There's always going to be big launch titles that don't live up to the pre-launch hype... just go back and look at the PS3's launch for example, or even the Xbox 360's.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

This is nothing new.  There's always going to be big launch titles that don't live up to the pre-launch hype... just go back and look at the PS3's launch for example, or even the Xbox 360's.

No, I'm asking why it time and time again failed to live up to its promises when its supposed to be "the true next generation console", "beta tested in the future". 

DonFerrari said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

Indeed, I'm not likely to get a reply from either Kowenicki or Kirby or any xbox fans because there's just no convenient answer when your question is that direct. 

allblue said:
DonFerrari said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

Indeed, I'm not likely to get a reply from either Kowenicki or Kirby or any xbox fans because there's just no convenient answer when your question is that direct. 

The most you can get is that they think the game is impressive and that they love it... but not that I care, because trying to prove someone that won't ever change opinion or accept different points is impossible AND useless...

So, when I see this kind of behavior I avoid to keep replying.