By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reggie: SM3DWorld, Mario Kart Wii U, Super Smash Bros WiiU will all be among this generation's top 10 selling games, guaranteed

biglittlesps said:
green_sky said:
DanneSandin said:
tbone51 said:
He should of said top 10 exclusives, and switch it to top 25

He DID say exclusives. Watch the entire first 2 minutes.

Ahh maybe he did. That would make it too easy unless ofcourse they listen to Soundwave and write off Wii U. On PS360 gamers seriously favour 3rd party games to first party offerings. Outside of GT, Naughty Dog, Little Big Planet on PS3 and Kinect Adventures/Sports, Halo & Gears on 360. There wasn't much that stood out. It's always COD, Ass Creed, Battlecry 3/4 and Grand let's rob bank games. 

It can be top in 10 because people buy only their exclusives in Nintendo systems but not 3rd party games. Now, see the what is happening with Wii U which is lacking 3rd party support. Playstation and Xbox exclusives sells less than Nintendo games because users have choices with many games to buy because of 3rd party, so their money is spent based on that but Nintendo users don't have and buy 3rd party games much in their console so they left with only one choice of buying Nintendo games only which is why its gets more sales.

Even when Nintendo fans have the same multiplats to choose from?  I mean, with all of the choices on these other platforms, gamesrs still flock to GTA, Call of Duty, Ass Creed, etc..  If Nintendo owners have the same choices, shouldn't they be jumping on Call of Duty and Assassins Creed, too?  Hell, Nintendo fans have LESS to choose from so those big ganes should really stand out, right?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Slade6alpha said:
EricFabian said:
Mario Kart ans Smash YES

3D World of Flop NO

3D World flopped?

just in haters dreams, like every other nintendo game.

I never know if you are serious lol

Click HERE and be happy 

Those 3 games will most likely make the top 10 even if Wii U sells +- 30M units, which will be reached (most likely).

Let's go back in time:

The N64 which sold roughly 33M units had some very high selling exclusives:

-Mario Kart 64: 10M sold which accounts for 30% of the userbase.
-Super Mario 64: 12M --> 36%
-Smash Bros 64: 5.5M -->16,6%

The Gamecube, with 22M units sold which is worse then the N64 managed well in software sells:

-Mario Kart DD: 7M --> 31.8%
-Super Mario Sunshine: 6.3M--> 28.6%
-Super Smash Melee: 7M --> 31.8%

I won't bother with the Wii since it wasn't on the same level in terms of users targeted and hardware sells.

If history repeats itself, and considering Wii U sold 30M hardware:

-Super Smash 4 (which is way more popular than before), should sell 33%+ of userbase: so 10-11M but could maybe reach 20M total with 3DS.

-Mario Kart 8 (thanks to the Wii, it might bring a lot of Wii owners back), could see it go at 30% or 10M

-3D World (seems to target the female audience) could do 28% or 8.5M+

People will buy the Wii U for those games (and others), and those people will mostly be gamers, and not Wii owners, which is why I link the N64 and GCN % sales. Also, you can't really compare console with handhelds, they are 2 different demographics.

So will they be in the top 10? I think it is very likely, probably not top 3, but who knows.
COD and AC are selling less than before, losing their appeal.
GTA6 will probably be the best selling game, if R* advertises it as much as they did with GTA5.

Otherwise I can't see many games selling as much as Nintendo's IPs (except Uncharted and Halo). They always sell well, despite low HW sales.
Hell, even Zelda U may have a shot at top 10 if it wows people.

But it's too soon to tell, we can only wait and see.

pezus said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey-kong-country--tropical-freeze

He says that at 2:00

Do you agree? Personally I think he will be way off the mark (as he has been plenty of times before).

He's lying through his ass but i undestand the reason. WiiU is still in purgatory and smash is supossed to be the turning point for the console.

Anfebious said:
Isn't Super Mario 3D World a flop? That's one less to count!

why do people keep on saying this

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Around the Network

I dont think so. I think Reggie is hoping for too much ther, especially with Smash.

EricFabian said:
Mario Kart ans Smash YES

3D World of Flop NO

You're putting Smash over a 3D Mario game? Smash's sales inflation won't continue on into this generation.

Mario Kart could easily reach that mark. I don't know about the other two, though.

Reggie may be rite. Even as overshadowed as wii u seems now i think it will eventually find its place. As much talk as you hear about all the old wiis just sitting around collecting dust i have realized this is just not the case. The wii is still a very much alive and in use in allot of households. Shopping in allot of the video game sections in stores here rite before thanksgiveing i couldnt help to notice the numbers of skylanders and infinity games flying off the shelves. I thought they must be for 360 and ps3, maybe wii u, but no they are all the wii version. Same for just dance 2014. Amazon also shows these kind of sales. So i think nintendos market is still there they just have to find a way to reach these people with the wii u. It may just be a matter of time but i think it will happen.

NintendoPie said:
EricFabian said:
Mario Kart ans Smash YES

3D World of Flop NO

You're putting Smash over a 3D Mario game? Smash's sales inflation won't continue on into this generation.

Mario Kart could easily reach that mark. I don't know about the other two, though.

of course. Smash will sell more than 3D World

Click HERE and be happy 

Top 15-20, at least. Top 10 really depends on Wii U's ability to increase it's install base significantly alongside the new competition. If it's GameCube 2.0, then no way.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.