By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP outsells DS two weeks in a row in Japan.

darthdevidem01 said:
Don't flame me for this all but...

could something like this happen to the PS3 when Wii reaches say 20 million or so..

I sure hope so

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Don't flame me for this all but...

could something like this happen to the PS3 when Wii reaches say 20 million or so..

Yeah I'd say once Wii reaches 20 million in Japan the PS3 might start gaining. It's very possible. I expect the PS3 to be about as far (if not further) behind the Wii than the PSP is to the DS though.

I guess we'll see. 

prior to this u should have written... after ds outsells psp for the billionth month in a row in japan, the psp can do 2 weeks... woowwww!! give yerself a pat on da back...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Funny how the situation is going the other way in the 2 BIGGER territories... The only major release for the DS so far in 08 has been M&S, and that is by no means a system seller. The PSP has had 5-8 releases open in the top 5 (most of which are now out of the top 50) this year. Software sales are rather abysmal for PSP in Japan and outright stink everywhere else, until that turns around I will assume the PSP is a nice trendy media player... or maybe I shall call it a fab! lol j/k

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I think its selling because it has become trendy. The increases are on it's own merits.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS&reg1=Japan&cons2=GBA&reg2=Japan&cons3=GB&reg3=Japan&weeks=400

Looks like, ds probably reached main audithory, so nowhere to grow. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

As long as the DS continues to (easily) outsell the PSP on a weekly basis worldwide... I don't think Nintendo care.

The only real threat to the DS at the moment is the... Wii. (in terms of worldwide, yearly sales for instance).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think that Crazzy (gasp) might actually have a point.

Though I don't see how that should result in a smilie, because I don't think PSP will ever caught up. And I don't think it'll be bought as a handheld gaming machine, so it won't even be worth comparing them all that much. It'd be like comparing the DS to the iPhone or something.

CrazzyMan said:
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS&reg1=Japan&cons2=GBA&reg2=Japan&cons3=GB&reg3=Japan&weeks=400

Looks like, ds probably reached main audithory, so nowhere to grow. =)

No, I do not think this is true. If you actually look at the sales charts. You will notice that there has not been a major software release for the DS. Games sale the DS as well as the Wii and PS3 in Japan.

If Square-Enix announced that they were developing Final Fantasy IV: The After for the DS. Does any one believe that the more DS hardware would not sale? Lets talk about saturation when a system seller enters into the market for the DS. Until then all satuaration theories are just empty theories.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

wenlan said:
Deja vu? But it is fact...... Give PSP some credit, FishyJoe!

Blame it on Valentine's day.
It's COOL to give PSP as a gift to girl friends in Japan. Look at how pink PSP been sold out at Amazon for several weeks already.

Joke aside, the PSP software lineup is overall stronger than DS for the next few months, but DS has DQ series yet to release. I won't be surprised to see PSP and DS outsell each other week by week in Japan this year.

Dont even try ... hes lost . I think the deep love for Nintendo seriously affected him ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!