By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA IV PS3 pre-orders outnumber Xbox 360 orders by 2 to 1

llewdebkram said:
'with pre-orders at one particular store placing the PS3 iteration ahead by a factor of exactly 2 to 1'

They must have driven around for hours looking for the ONE STORE that has more pre-orders for the PS3 version.

I'm pretty sure it's an article from UK, so maybe most stores have more PS3 pre-orders. Also, remember that MGS4 will come out about 1 month after GTAIV and I can see lots of PS2 users upgrading to a PS3 to play both.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

The game will definitely sell a lot more on the 360 than the ps3, but that is too be expected. It's not that popular in Japan (like DMC4) so it won't see a huge boost from the ps3's most dominate market. That leaves the US & Europe. GTAIV will sell more on the 360 than the ps3 in the US by probably the same proportion DMC4 did....(360 will probably sell 50% more than the ps3 in US). I expect GTAIV will sell slightly more on the ps3 in Europe unless it is $10 cheaper like happened with DMC4.

But I do expect the attach rate to be higher on the ps3 version.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

ioi said:
Sorry, it is more like 2.5:1

Scaled to Brawl Preorders (which are well over 1m!)

Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii) 100%
Grand Theft Auto IV (360) 85%
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) 36%

Looking very good for my bet :). Seeing as GTA4 is further off, it will only increase further :).

I don't think any body's mentioned that the OP's link doesn't have a source in it. ORLY?

The BuShA owns all!

ha thats was good i hough it would of probably been like 1mil for ps3 and 500k for 360

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

hahaha. that was funny. couple more PS3 owners get in there it may jump to 5:1.

lol what stores only has 3 pre-orders for GTA?

Hey, ioi, do you often get preorder information?

If you get it often, it'd be pretty cool to see the information you recieve. Perhaps a new weekly article is in order.