By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Proving Sony didn't sell (but shipped) 1 million units in UK

REVIVING OLD THREAD CHECK DATES!! 

Disclaimer - I believe that the Sony numbers released are Shipped, instead of just bitching about it I'm trying to find official released numbers to back up my theory. You are more then welcomed to either prove me wrong by showing official numbers from tracking companies, or help me prove my theory.

So far I have two pieces of the puzzle, but could use help with the rest

From two sources I've accounted for 660,000 confirmed sold, but I don't have any numbers for Oct, Nov, January, and the two weeks of Feb (other then Vgchartz numbers)

Source #1  - 450,000 PS3 sold in UK at the end of Sept 07
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/big-in-europe-p.html

Source #2 - 210,000 PS3's sold in Dec 07 - (Just over 1 million PS3 sold in Europe, UK accounts for 20%-22%)http://www.mcvuk.com/interviews/186/INTERVIEW-David-Reeves

Could the other 340,000 consoles of been sold in those 3 1/2 months?? Maybe, but not according to VGchartz.

Any help could be helpful!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

You forgot to end your post with '/sarcasm'.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

gebx, are you that bored to disprove those numbers?

LOL.

Please just look at his avatar - he's serious.

OT: I don't doubt his post - Sony loves to swap their words - and sometimes just omit them to keep their investors happy.

Around the Network

I HAVE FIRM PROOF* Sony sent people out to buy PS3 consoles in the UK just so they could announce it has sold this well!!

*The first 4 words of the statement above are bollocks.

:P

There was an episode of Chappelle's Show with a skit called "The Player Hater's Ball" where all they did was hate for no reson...it was quite funny, and I think you would have fit right in there.

PS3 sold a million there....get over it

BMaker11 said:
There was an episode of Chappelle's Show with a skit called "The Player Hater's Ball" where all they did was hate for no reson...it was quite funny, and I think you would have fit right in there.

PS3 shipped a million there....get over it
there i fixed it for you 

I just have problems accepting that the PS3 sold 34% of its units in the during those 3 1/2 months.

I could be wrong, but at least I'll try to look into it.

Hell... help me out and prove me wrong by posting sales numbers for those months and take me out of my misery

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

shipped or sold, some numbers still need to be adjusted.