By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Roger Clemens = pwned

The question is who would want to hire a doctor that would rat you out and bring bad press for your team?

Around the Network

double post.

Who cares? Every great athlete I have ever seen, and every not so great athlete I have ever seen for that matter, uses at least one of these drugs. I wish everyone would just admit it, and then we can make it legal again and the sports I enjoy watching can not have this garbage going on.

I am fine with doping, who really cares? The product was better since 1997 than it ever was. And they needed it because of the striker and stuff. To me, they did nothing wrong. If everyone, all at once, just said, "We all did it" then there would be no issue. There should be no issue right now.

I believe Jordan used steroids. And you know what, I do not care because I believe every basketball player I watched was on steroids. It is not so bad. Let it be in sports so I can watch the best possible product.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Who cares? Every great athlete I have ever seen, and every not so great athlete I have ever seen for that matter, uses at least one of these drugs. I wish everyone would just admit it, and then we can make it legal again and the sports I enjoy watching can not have this garbage going on.

I am fine with doping, who really cares? The product was better since 1997 than it ever was. And they needed it because of the striker and stuff. To me, they did nothing wrong. If everyone, all at once, just said, "We all did it" then there would be no issue. There should be no issue right now.

I believe Jordan used steroids. And you know what, I do not care because I believe every basketball player I watched was on steroids. It is not so bad. Let it be in sports so I can watch the best possible product.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Regardless, you need to understand two things;

First, if you make an accusation like "Jordan used steroids", you need to site your source, else we're gonna have lots of little kids running around saying that Jordan used steroids, which is a very serious (though baseless) accusation.

Second, steroid use is wrong on two levels. Which are A) It gives them a competitive advantage against those they play against today, and B) It gives them a competitive advantage when they go up against some of the most sacred records in professional sports. It seriously takes away from the accomplishments of the sports. There's a reason why it's shameful and wrong, you know.

And no, not everybody uses them. If everyone actually did, we wouldn't have AS MUCH of a problem. However, steroids have down sides. They act as a short circuit to your body. Even though you get a boost now, you're gonna pay for it when your balls are the size of marbles and your muscles have torn so many times that a roll of duct tape couldn't save you.

So how can you be ok with this? Ok with role models teaching kids that sacrificing your healthy future for a couple extra strikeouts now is ok? How can you be ok with today's athletes spitting on the game and breaking records that should still be standing (a la Hank Aaron)?

Currently playing: Civ 6

Does anyone besides me think it's really freaking weird to keep old syringes around for 8 years, um, "just in case"?

Around the Network
Entroper said:
Does anyone besides me think it's really freaking weird to keep old syringes around for 8 years, um, "just in case"?

well, it's a blackmailer's dream, if I am as sneaky as him, Id do it as well

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

He will get PAID to get his story published. Shoot ... I'd do it too.

GhaudePhaede010 said:

Have you ever heard of a comedian named Daniel Tosh?

In one of his jokes he says, I wish we would just make all professional athletes use steriods. I want the best athletes money can by. I want my athletes like my video games, in HD. Who cares if you die at 40? You hate life after sports anyway, I'm doing you a favor.

GhaudePhaede010 said:

I'm not a huge Jordan fan, but saying he juiced like that is pretty low. It might be hard for your to believe, but there are plenty of athletes that have both the common sense, and the dignity, to not use steroids.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

mesoteto said:
what i dont get is he dooped ...but when he did it was not illegal yet, so why not just admit and move on

Well, it may not have been illegal in baseball at the time, but it's not like it was legal to use steroids like that in America.

As others have said, they're looking to see if he lied to them about his use. Then there is also the fact, whether baseball had banned them or not, that everyone with any sense would know he's a fraud. He wants eveyone to think he did it all with hard work and determination, but it certainly looks like he added some other things into the mix. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."